aaa Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Original Message                 Date: 01-Oct-04  @  11:22 AM   -   Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hey hey! - They arrived today courtesy of Behringer Europe's PR Boss - if anyones interested to know anything specific, fire away...

Nice looking units, metal case, plastic end-cheeks, post and faders seem fairly solid. Nice small footprint, a nice size for going on a multimedia suite desktop ok.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/93             10-Nov-04  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

Bluescreen

Link?: Link

I received my Stylus RMX update yesterday.
This one is really wild together with a BCR/BCF controller

Message 62/93             25-Nov-04  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

[Bounce]

Any joy on those SX demo vidz yet K?

Message 63/93             25-Nov-04  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

sorry mate, i had to do a DVD for the last 2 weeks - now the taxman wants his returns, next week i can get on it, why dont you pop over and try em?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 64/93             26-Nov-04  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

Thats a cool offer mate, I'd love to! Gotta get my shit sorted time-wise but I'll give you a bell and sort out a convenient time (next week hopefully) if that's cool?

Marc_D

Message 65/93             26-Nov-04  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

yup

Message 66/93             09-Dec-04  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

Been a bit snowed under with work mate, but hoping to get my arse upto the big smoke!

In the meantime, i see that SOS have finally reviewed the BCF/BCR..

Not a bad review but they've TOTALLY missed the kind of usability testing that you did to determine just how well its implemented within SX, Logic, Sonar etc.

Now I know its really down to the software vendors to meet the manufacturers half way on this, but it REALLY affects just how well the control surfaces work IMO.. I can't believe they didn't say much at all...

Message 67/93             09-Dec-04  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

well i guess reasons their review was not so comprehensive.... firstly time... it takes along time to evaluate all this easily 3 months P/T, and second space - it's almost impossible to do a proper review of anything but perhaps a preamp or compressor ro some sort of limited features hardware unit or a speaker etc in the amount of words a mag review allocates.

Message 68/93             09-Dec-04  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

True..

Well I've raised the importance of the stuff you DID raise in your excellent evaluation mate. The lack of attention to detail in this area is something that has plagued pretty much *every* single review of these types of control surfaces that I've seen around.

The thing is, the importance of DAW vendors ensuring decent implimentation of/provision for 3rd party control surfaces is massive and its something that's been glossed over time and time again.. yet more solutions come out and people on the whole are still none the wiser (in fact, your review and the subsequent posts sparked off it both here and on the unofficial BControl forum, are pretty much the only times I've seen this crucial point raised!)

Message 69/93             09-Dec-04  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

Well... pity those who don't use LOGIC innit  

Message 70/93             10-Dec-04  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

Pah!

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

There are 93 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)