aaa I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             06-Aug-99  @  12:10 PM   -   I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

ALVARAVEN

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

HELLO PEOPLES.. I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT MACHINE TO BUY.. I WANNA START MAKING "HARDCORE GABBER" IS IT WISE TO BUY A NOVATION DRUMSTATION??
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC IS THE SUPERNOVA GOOD AT MAKING?? I ALSO WANNA MAKE "CYBERTRANCE" **HELP** I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BUY.. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A "ROLANDMC505" AND THE "NOVATION SUPERNOVA" IS I REALLY WANNA START MAKING MUSIC.. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME HELPFUL INFO???????????????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             09-Aug-99  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

V

Please  

Message 3/10             09-Aug-99  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

Maarten

Link?:  Link

My first reaction to your question would be,I made a mistake buying a
MC 505,no multi-effects processor,
not multi-timbral and I have trouble
with the MIDI-settings.On the other
hand , as a beginner , the 505 gives you some oppertunity to learn how to use this shit and when you've done
that move on.
On that note,and if you have the $$$
check out the Supernova (for the
"cyber-trance".As for Gabba-hardcore:sorry, no comment.
Oh yeah , all the faults I mentioned
about the 505 , the SuperNova doesn't seem to have them.

-Maarten-

Message 4/10             09-Aug-99  @  07:45 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

Santa

Please make just a bit of research before making an ass of yourself. And try not have Caps Lock on all the time, that is really what caracterizes true morons.
If all you want to do is make Gabber, try FTII out for a start. You know, the tracker-program?
And yes, Drumstation is good for gabber, but you'll need a big mixer, a distortion-device of some kind, a compressor and a multitracker. Do you think you have the dough?!

Message 5/10             09-Aug-99  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

volley

First of all - please don't SCREAM.  

If you're new to making music using a computer, I would suggest using a conventional tracker, like Fast Tracker 2.08. That's a program that runs in your computer, and the only thing you need, apart from a computer, is a sound card and a set of samples (sounds).

If you're serious about going for external hardware, I'd strongly suggest you visit a local store. The staff will not only show you how different machines work and sound, but they will also hint you on additional pieces of hardware that you might need. When you find something you seem to like, ask them to show you some basic features, then ask for a pair of headphones and play with it.

Message 6/10             09-Aug-99  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

volley

First of all - please don't SCREAM.  

If you're new to making music using a computer, I would suggest using a conventional tracker, like Fast Tracker 2.08. That's a program that runs in your computer, and the only thing you need, apart from a computer, is a sound card and a set of samples (sounds).

If you're serious about going for external hardware, I'd strongly suggest you visit a local store. The staff will not only show you how different machines work and sound, but they will also hint you on additional pieces of hardware that you might need. When you find something you seem to like, ask them to show you some basic features, then ask for a pair of headphones and play with it.

Message 7/10             10-Aug-99  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

jonb

Also, read some of the starting kit info here
at dance tech. The articles here are full
of good stuff.

Message 8/10             20-Aug-99  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

djgama

Link?: Link

I agree, start researching. I've seen a pattern with AOL users who seem to have the caps lock taped down or something. BTW, cyber-trance and hardcore gabber? Huh?

Message 9/10             23-Aug-99  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

Jason

Link?: Link

This is simple. What you need is a Roland JP 8000 Ive seen many Hardcore DJ's with this impressive synth. The Supersaw waveform is perfect for those Hardcore racy synth lead sounds just to say the least. Let me tel you I own the JP 8080 which is the rackmount version. Next get your self a DR 770. Its a drum machine that is capable of many drum patterns I think it includes some Hardcore drum kits too. If it doesnt then buy your self an effects box that includes distortion. Next go get a sequencer so you can sync them together. And for good measures go and buy a Supernova for all your trance fantasies to come true. Plus you may need a Keyboard controller just incase. There you have it.

BTW You better not make that Happy Crappy Hardcore shit or your gonna get baked on a open fire.

Later

Message 10/10             24-Aug-99  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: I WANNA START MAKING MUSIC

h

hey ALAV!! what's with the megaphone - my bloody ears are...bleeding.

wot u nede is a casio VL-Tone and 2 sticks 2 bang 2togther. Sticks for rithum and Casio for searing leedlynes and ass-tickling bass.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)