aaa Supernova for Trance - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova for Trance

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 03-Aug-99  @  06:16 PM   -   Supernova for Trance

hum.hum

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Is the Supernova a good choice for making epic trance (like Lange, Matt Darey, Future Breeze...). Today I have a Yamaha EX5R and would like to complete with something new.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/47             07-Aug-99  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

jesus swallows

3 osc per voice (not part), 20 voice (in the standard version) gives 3*20 = 60 osc. 44 voices in the expanded version is 3*44 = 132 osc plus noise gen, 2*xmod per voice.

Message 12/47             08-Aug-99  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

sam

Link?: Link

I'm sorry, but the SN is practically built for trance. It has trance oozing out of it. I use it for trance related things all the time but.. (and here's the really good bit) I met a bloke recently in PMT music in Essex (uk) who has just been signed to the Ministry of Sound, and he's got a track out on their new album "Clubbers guide to Trance" under the name 'Cassidy' and practically the whole thing is made using a Supernova. So how about that. Buy a supernova, write a top tune, get signed and release it on one of the biggest trance releases to date. So what's stopping you now..

Message 13/47             08-Aug-99  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

Odd

I admit I was wrong about the amount of Osc in the Supernova. Sorry about that Mickey.

I still think that its EASYER to make interesting music with different synths. Look at the majority of the trance/goa trance artists. They use a lot of different equipment.

Happy tweeking all!

// Odd

Message 14/47             08-Aug-99  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

k

ha ha ha... but... is that the so called 'Trance' thats going around now that is basically HOUSE with some cheezy old 'rave' synth stabs & sounds over the top that theyve dragged out of the sample box??....
i cant understand how this is suddenly TRANCE... its just a travesty - big corps like Ministry have realised that Trance is like an un-exploited 'buzzword' and are busily releasing crappy old house beats to con people into buying more Cd's... trance my arse !!... its nothing like trance... TRANCE is a LONG established style (with sub-genres) thats been around for over 10 years, and how anyone can compare the cheeze thats out now to flog a few crappy Ibiza albums with REAL TRANCE is beyond me - Is it trance?... is it fuck...!!

Message 15/47             08-Aug-99  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

davepape

Newbie post:

I've just spent an afternoon playing with a SN. It's going to be fine for trance. Odd's definitely got a piont though- the SN sounds beautiful, rich, silky, but always quite clean and controlled. I've already got a Freebass which I crank up until it hisses, squawks and explodes dirtily. Different strokes, and you're denying yourself possibilities if you don't accept there's room for both.

Chart "trance" is crap. Always funny how you hate stuff that's ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE like music you love, more than stuff that's totally UNLIKE the music you love. Competition, I guess.

Message 16/47             08-Aug-99  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

davepape

I just thought- have all these nice & clean multi-timbral analogue modelling synths CREATED the foul monster that is chart "trance" music?

Uggghhhhh, maybe I'll buy a Stylophone and a soldering iron instead.

Message 17/47             09-Aug-99  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

volley

I'm currently on the lookout for something to complement my TR-Rack (see thread "Nova vs SN"), and since the TR-Rack is excellent at soft stuff, I'm looking for something harder. After reading this thread, I realized that the SN might NOT be the right thing for me. However, after fiddling with the TR-Rack's icky menu interface, I want something as straight on as the SN. Since I can't seem to find anything else, and since the SN after all DOES have a wonderful sound (ie, it may not be a _complement_ to the TR)... any recommendations or pointers, folks?

Message 18/47             12-Aug-99  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

alan5

Hey Kilo gotta agree with you there about all this current cheezy trance shite.
CD`s like Best Trance Album in the World EVER,Now thats What I call Trance etc are just a load of commercial fucking shite.

Message 19/47             14-Aug-99  @  08:14 AM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

atom999

.....yeah Kilo,right!
and about 50% of that fuck done with rebirth,or something...

Message 20/47             14-Aug-99  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Supernova for Trance

shogun

So what's your idea of "real" trance then. I'm not trying to start an argument, I would just really love to know. The stuff i have heard that is suposed to be trance i loved, so i would like to know what all of you consider good, classic trance.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)