aaa Does each OSC count as a voice? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Does each OSC count as a voice?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-Mar-01  @  09:18 PM   -   Does each OSC count as a voice?

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

running a multi now, only two parts. part one is 5 voice unison, 2 osc. part 2 is 4 voice, 2 osc.

when playing together they cut each other off. Im assuming my question is already answered, but I was wondering..

oh...Ive got an A version.

also...why the HELL would a sound sound different in multi/multisingle mode than in single? HUH?!?!?! 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Mar-01  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Does each OSC count as a voice?

psontemp

Link?:  No link

You don’t say but I’m assuming that you’re using each part monophonically. An OSC doesn’t equate to a voice (you can’t actually turn the OSCs off anyway, only change the balance) – each voice corresponds to a 2-OSC note. So if either part is played polyphonically, you’ll get a cut-off. And this includes monophonic lines where the release of one note overlaps the start of another.
There are a number of ‘part’ parameters that change the way a ‘single’ sound sounds as part of a multi – ie part detune, delay etc – as well as the quirky chorus implementation (only works on the first four channels in a multi). On my virus A, the “default” multi setup had each part progressively detuned (ie part 7 detune = +7), which was a pain in the a** to start with.

Message 3/4             28-Mar-01  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Does each OSC count as a voice?

99devils

Link?: Link

Yeah, your 7-voice unison sound uses 7 voices for each note played, so a triad would consume 21 voices... Similarly, a triad on your 5 voice unison sound will use 15 voices.

-Craig

Message 4/4             29-Mar-01  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Does each OSC count as a voice?

influx

Link?:  Link

thanks psontemp. that was it.

odd that its never been a problem before!

still gettin stuff soundin different in multimode...but...at least not the note stealing..

craig..I understand about unison. I was asking if oscillators count as a voice, so a 2osc sound that was not in unison would be 2 voices but that is not the case...

aight yall. thank ya. thankyaverymuch

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)