aaa Help.. Live.. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Help.. Live..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             27-Feb-01  @  11:49 AM   -   Help.. Live..

n_van_bakel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everybody,

It's been some time since I bought my Nova II XL. I've been asked to do a set, but don't have money for more equipment. I have a tr 505, tr 606 and a PC with cakewalk. As I'm in performance mode I normally can use 6 different instruments @ the same time. When I let my NOVA II XL use an extern clock (for the arp section of course) I can only use 1 instrument. I tried splits, but only the selected program does work.

Can anyone tell me how I can use an external clock AND 6 different programs @ the same time??

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nathan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             27-Feb-01  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Help.. Live..

dB

That thing oughta work; I have a Nova 1, and I synced many arpeggiators lots of times, simply setting MIDI clock to "Ext" in the Global Menu, assigning sounds to the respective parts, switching arps on, and working on different MIDI channels; have you tried the preset Performances? (even if their parts share the same MIDI channel)

Message 3/6             27-Feb-01  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Help.. Live..

Plop

May not help but remember that the arp will only work when the sequencer is running if using ext sync...

Message 4/6             28-Feb-01  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Help.. Live..

n_van_bakel

Yesterday i was able to use 6 instr. @ the same time. Now I found a new question. Midi Thru is supposed to give all incoming midi/sysex messages to whatever is connected to it? How come my TR 505 not respond on my computer (Of course my nova II does respond). The drum computer does not recognize the clock. Is there a way to set the thru channel to e.g. 10?

Thanks again,

Nathan

Message 5/6             28-Feb-01  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Help.. Live..

Stefan

Link?: Link

Afaik there is no multitimbral synth that can play one midi channel with the internal clock and the other channel with external, therefore the sequencers don't offer this feature.
I don't know the TR 505, but you should look into the midi specifications of the unit. Maybe it simply cannotz receive or interpret midi clock.

Regards

Stefan

Message 6/6             28-Feb-01  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Help.. Live..

k

if you are playing gigs trust me, i've done enuff, and it is VERY important to have a midi thru box with 1 in and as many outs as you need for items that are going to be effected by changes - passing thru sysex commands etc is not a good idea for quick setup and reliability - then other cock-up's can happ[en with tow synths on a spur... like say synth a in the series you want to tweak it's parameters in a track... this might send data thru to the next synth causing it's sound to change etc... all these things can be avoided, but it is just so much simpler to get a cheap distribution thu box. I use two. a yamaha with 2 in's and 4 outs cross-switchable, and a casio with two in's and 8 outs each of which can select which IN they are routing -

they are cheap these boxes, so well worth it.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)