aaa Affordable, High Quality Sampler - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             31-Aug-99  @  05:02 PM   -   Affordable, High Quality Sampler

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Can someone recommend a good, high quality, affordable sampler? I've been looking into Akai's but they're much too expensive....the new S5000 and S6000 (with the removable display) are like four grand over here, and used S3000 and S2800 are like two grand.....

It doesn't necessarily have to be a rack....keyboard versions will work too...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             31-Aug-99  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

jcu3

Link?:  No link

The most powerful and wicked sampler for the money is the Yami A-3000 Turbo, it has EFX galore and filters and real-time modulation and tons of other shit...

But the problem is the architecture, it's ass backwards as hell. Yamaha's shit is soo fucked up to learn. I'de rather eat glass and tacks than learn that shit...

Message 3/6             01-Sep-99  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

Jasper

Backward? no just not like akais methods... honestly once you get used to it you realise that every function is only about 2 or 3 presses away.

The a3k has a learning curve of about 1 week, right.. Took me 1 day of messing and cursing to get anywhere and I was really pissed off.. but by then end of the week your bouncing out sounds and full on tracks.

Oh and 10 months on now and the thing still suprises me when I discover something new.

Don't get the akais unless you want to be part of akai's customer testing program..

And not an insult in sight.

Message 4/6             03-Sep-99  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

BULLDOG

trust me - the Roland S760

Message 5/6             03-Sep-99  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

pedicelli

Ok, and how much are we talking about here?

Message 6/6             04-Sep-99  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Affordable, High Quality Sampler

Jasper

A3000 about a grand for a good one,

roland about 500? I think.. Good filters though.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)