aaa why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             02-Sep-99  @  07:38 PM   -   why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

lqdsnddist

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

why is there no knob or feature like the envelope amount like on the tb303 ?

the virus has one i know

what can i tweak to have the same effect on the nova ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Sep-99  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

psylichon

I may be wrong in my analogy, but I think the Q amount setting in the first page of the Filter Menu is roughtly similar. I could completely wrong though... can someone verify?

I wish there was an assignable knob that could be, say, a mod-wheel controller. I just got my Nova while here on break from school, and I don't have my usualy controllers with me. I've been using this Yamaha PSR-Crap I borrowed from a friend that has NO mod wheel. Can't wait to get back to Boston and my MIDI faders so I can tweak the thousand or so paramters involved in a bubbly arpeggiator fall.

Ok... enough computer... back to the new gear. Peace...

psylichon

Message 3/6             03-Sep-99  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

elhardt

In the filter section you press the frequency button and press either env2 or env3 and then the (Mod Depth) knob will act as an Envelope Amount knob.

-Elhardt

Message 4/6             03-Sep-99  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

psylichon

I don't think that's what he's talking about, Elhardt. I only have Rebirth, not the real deal, but I believe Env amount on the 303 sets how wide the resonance boost is. Env2/Env3 Mod depth in the (S)Nova defines how much modulation the envelopes do on the cutoff frequency or resonance amount... but nothing about resonance width.

After looking over the manual again, I realize that Q norm is short for Q normalizing, which, when on full blast, will bring down the filter output when you crank the resonance so you don't get too loud. Therefore, my first guess at an answer is completely wrong.

So Phill, can you tell us anyway to recreate the TB303's Env control on these blue beauties?

peace...

psylichon

Message 5/6             03-Sep-99  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

lqdsnddist

i was playing with revolve (sotra a rebirth to midi convertor program) and it was using cc#107 as the env amount knob, this is filter freq

Phil, how bout a solution, or maybe include it in an OS upgrade

Message 6/6             03-Sep-99  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: why not ENV AMOUNT knob or function

k

but iof you go into the Filter menu you can set 'Q' for the filter which is width surely...(plus other settings)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)