aaa TR-909 Midi - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TR-909 Midi

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             18-Aug-99  @  03:26 AM   -   TR-909 Midi

roger.spielmann

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hy

Is it possible to play the sounds of the 909 from a extern sequencer. I mean not only to sinc it to a sequencer, but to play the 909 sounds by sending note-midi data from a sequencer. I know that the 909 has a nice sequencer, but I prefer to control everything from cubase (via Drum-Map)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             18-Aug-99  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

jasper

yes..

not sure about setting channels and that though

Message 3/7             18-Aug-99  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

ittbdp

Yo Roger,
Triggering the 909 sounds from can definitely be done. I can't remember what buttons I press to put it in the "MIDI MODE" Theres SYNC,MIDI, & INTERNAL modes. Then you have to set the Recieving Channel & also create a blank pattern....HAPPY TRIGGERING!

Message 4/7             18-Aug-99  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

mykysill

You can make a drum map for the 909 and then use this to control your 909.

This is the way a friend has his set up for cubase. If I'm not mistaken, the 909 works off of a specific midi channel and then each instrument is a specific key. I'll see how he had it setup exactly and get back to you.

Message 5/7             19-Aug-99  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

roger

Very cool. Thank you for your help!
I think i've got to buy a 909.
Hope i find a "cheap" one

Message 6/7             20-Aug-99  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

mykysill

Are you just using the 909 as a sound module then, never to use the sequencer on it? If so then get a Novation Drumstation V. 2. I have one of those and (IMHO) it sounds just as good as the 909. We mainly use the 909 for live performs because you can make a pattern on the fly but if you don't plan on gigging then save the cash and get a drumstation. I'll probably get jump on for the last comment but the Drumstation is a really good substitute.

Message 7/7             24-Aug-99  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: TR-909 Midi

roger.spielmann

Well, actually I do have a Drumstation V2. But when i compare it to the 909-emulation in Rebirth 2, i'm not satisfied with my Drumstation because i think rebirth sound better. It just sound fatter. For example especially in the clap you can hear a quiet big difference. But i don't like rebirth that much either because i can't trigger its sounds from cubase. But maybe i will be disappointed from the real 909 to because it sounds more like the drumstation than rebirth. Who can help me out of this???

But please don't suggest to buy sample cd's because i need to adjust the 909-sounds with the knobs.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)