aaa Editor for Supernova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Editor for Supernova

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             07-Jul-99  @  07:34 AM   -   Editor for Supernova

rafalz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I tried using an editor (sn140) for supernova and everything works fine till the point where Supernova starts transmitting Sytem Exclusive to Cubase. Cubase displays: 'Midi Device is not Responding. Please check Connections and Settings' I think I checked everything that I could think of...Midi Setup, Midi Filter, all inputs and outputs. Anybody had a similar problem?

If you have any idea what I should do please please please let me know....

Raf

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             07-Jul-99  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

jesus swallows

when you start the sysex dump, does the snv say anything on it's screen. If it says not global midi channel, then this could be the reason. The studio module (if that's what you are using) was created to work on midi channel 1, so try setting the global channel on your snv to channel 1, and try it.
other things, (maybe obvious) you need to have the midi out of the snv connected to the midi in of cubase, and you need to be on midi channel 1 in cubase.
What midi interface are you using, make sure it deals with sysex properly.

see how that goes
craig

Message 3/7             07-Jul-99  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

rafalz

Hi, thanx for the quick reply!
When I start sysex dump SN displays: 'System Exclusive Transmitting...'
It starts sending and that's when Cubase starts mumbling something about my Midi not being connected and that I should check my connections and settings. My midi setup works great when I hook up any synth so I know it works. To make it less confusing I simply connected my card (SW1000) with midi in and out on SN.
I have my global channel set to 1 and I use channel number 1. I unchecked the box SysEx in Midi Filter Record options and still no luck. It seems like it doesn't want to accept any sysex....any ideas??????
Is there a way to tell if my interface deals with sysex properly??

man on the verge of a nervous breakdown....

RaF

Message 4/7             07-Jul-99  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

jesus swallows

well everything sounds ok, so I'd say it's the midi interface. But you could check by doing a couple of manual dumps from the snv into cubase and record the dumps to see if that works. Go to global/sysex transmission on snv, set cubase recording, and initiate a dump from the snv, see if any midi data is recorded without using the studio module.

craig

Message 5/7             17-Jul-99  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

mat.ellis

Where do u get this editor from

Message 6/7             18-Jul-99  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

jesus swallows

it's not actually an editor, it's just a patch selector (studio module) for cubase, so it's only useful if you use cubase on a pc. You can get it at mickey's site, which you can link to from the novation site.

Message 7/7             28-Aug-99  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Editor for Supernova

montiel

Sys Hex headache...Try this :
Disable Audio in Audio menu !
Have fun !

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)