aaa Problems with 606 :-( - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Problems with 606 :-(

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Apr-01  @  06:48 PM   -   Problem with 606!!!

OnAcid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I just got myself a 606. Programming etc. works fine, but there's something wrong with the sounds. It sounds like as if it's being overdriven, especially when you use accent.
The hihats sound like distorted 808 hats, the cymbal sounds like a closed 909 hat (with full accent you only hear noise) and the toms sound like a farting baboon???

I've looked inside my 606, but I couldn't see anything that seems to be broken. Can someone help me?

(I can post an audio file if you want.)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             13-Apr-01  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

k

Link?: Link

thats what it's sposed to sound like... 'farting baboons' !! ha ha ha.. love it! - you are running into the right impedence input tho yes?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             13-Apr-01  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

OnAcid

Link?:  No link

I've tested it with headphones, through my mixer, with batteries etc. but it always sounds distorted. The sounds aren't as funky as the following example:
http://synthsounds.8m.com/media/303606.html

Maybe one of the previous owners plugged in a wrong power suply or something???

I'll post a sample this weekend.

Message 4/8             13-Apr-01  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

k

well that doesnt sound like 606 toms or hats to me.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             13-Apr-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

k

but then my old 606 had 6 outputs

Message 6/8             13-Apr-01  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

OnAcid

Here's an audio file. Full accent and when I turn up de volume of the hats and cymbal you can really hear the noise...

www.acid.nl/606.mp3

Message 7/8             14-Apr-01  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

k

ha ha ha... er... well, assumed you have checked the signal path including the cable? - open her up and take a look inside; if you see no obvious problems like wobbly fucked solder joints etc, then it's off to the tech shop for your 606 mate. You bought it sounding like that??

Message 8/8             14-Apr-01  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Problems with 606 :-(

k

or alternativley start a new genre: THRASH-ACID heh heh

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)