aaa Logic 5.4.0 download available - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic 5.4.0 download available

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             10-Oct-02  @  12:02 AM   -   Logic 5.4.0 download available

Boo

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New OSX version. Rex import is now supported.

http://www.emagic.de/english/support/download/lpx.html

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             10-Oct-02  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

milan

what do you mean now supported? i´m importing rex files into EXS with 5.2!

hm. nothing much new to regret...

Message 3/25             10-Oct-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

Boo

Link?:  Link

The first OS X version had lost the ability to import REX files, but now they've fixed it.

The next version should fix Rewire.

Message 4/25             10-Oct-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

bedwyr

mac. pah!

Message 5/25             10-Oct-02  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

k

I think if emagic/apple REALLY want more crossgrades they'd better get a deal together for the actual hardware.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/25             10-Oct-02  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

Boo

I think there already is a discount, albeit a small one, for Logic users, k.

Sucks, I know...

Message 7/25             10-Oct-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

milan

Logic 5 for PC still goes for 930EUR where i´m at. ridiculous!

Message 8/25             10-Oct-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

k

no there isnt really - they've extended their offer until oct' 31st but honestly it still requires spending at least 1300 quid on the actual mac (without a screen) then if you bought that via apples site (so you cant do it from a discount dealer) you then get coupons for rebates on a free bit of emagic s/w and a discount on the actual mac unit - but as far as i cant tell this is via mac online USA, i didnt see anything saying i could buy for example a G4 from Peter Jones in London and get the same deals from emagic.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/25             10-Oct-02  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

Boo

They should at least offer HUGE discounts on Macs and offer plugin publishers big incentives to give free crossgrades on all the plugins people have ammassed over the years. Apple just don't realise that 'switching' (or whatever) is not as simple as they think.

In an ideal world, The very least they could do is still support PC Logic and at least update it/patch it for the next couple of years in case any driver issues come up in the future. Just dropping it completely sucks.

But, as far as future versions go, what else could they add? Logic 5 on PC is pretty much perfect isn't it?

Message 10/25             10-Oct-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Logic 5.4.0 download available

Stvy

Link?:  No link

Hi,

Its not quite perfect....

no non real time bounce
no non real time effect destructive apply
no rewire v2
no piss easy sample accurate audio editing like nuendo or sonar

and no new PC versions... the mac deal is SHIT!

I'm waiting for logic v5.8 or whatever for MAC OS X with all these missing bits fixed. Then the G5 MACS should be out and kicking some serious DSP arse and then when there ancient I might be able to afford one! Once I can get an equivalent to a dual AMD 2800+ on the MAC front for a grand I'll get one.....

Probably die of old age first though..

Cheers

Stvy

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)