aaa A Question About Instr & Plug-ins - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             09-Oct-02  @  03:51 PM   -   A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Are you guys able to run plenty of Audio Instruments and Plug-ins? My PC has a 1.5 Ghz processor and 512 of memory. It kinda dies at 24 Audio Instruments with 2 plug-ins on each. Is this normal and would I need to upgrade both memory AND the chip to be able to use loads more?

Ps Please don't ask me to bounce down to audio.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             09-Oct-02  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

k

Link?:  Link

sounds about right (but obviously depending on what those plugs/vsti's/logic-i's are)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/14             09-Oct-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Drop

I'm only using exs24's and es2's. Maybe the occassional es1. Nothing else.

Message 4/14             09-Oct-02  @  04:30 PM     Edit: 09-Oct-02  |  04:52 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

milan

Link?: Link

it could well be the max on your machine, depending on number of simultaneous notes, and also what fx you are using, how many reverbs are you using, what type, etc...

however, on my 1.4ghz/256mb machine 10 EXS´s barely register on the performance meter... *shrug*

Message 5/14             09-Oct-02  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

bedwyr

that es2 is pretty hungry man, sounds about right.

Message 6/14             10-Oct-02  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

milan

^^here´s some tests if you want to check Logic´s performance. you can compare results with entries on the list.

i did the platinumverb one last nite and managed to get 35 running at once. friend of mine who´s been having problems with logic managed only 20 with although he has a faster cpu... etc etc... might tell you something hopefully.

Message 7/14             10-Oct-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

milan

oh, AND you can see how G4 1Ghz machine is still weaker than an XP1600+! yippie  

Message 8/14             10-Oct-02  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Drop

35 VERBS!!!!! Bloody hell Milan. Was that WITH es2's and exs24's aswell?

Message 9/14             10-Oct-02  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

k

Link?:  Link

sounds terrible - i mean 24 instruments each with 2 fx.... i dont think i could make a tune with such limited resources  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/14             10-Oct-02  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

milan

err... no! did you have a look at that page? you load a wave file to a track and then start inserting platinumverbs. when you have no more inserts, do the same on the next track. etc...

Message 11/14             10-Oct-02  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Drop

Oh I see. Thanks Milan. I'll try it later. Shit, I thought 24 Audio Instruments and 48 plug-ins was cool. Back to the drawing board then! :-)

Message 12/14             10-Oct-02  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

milan

less is more, innit  

Message 13/14             10-Oct-02  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

Drop

"less is more, innit" Can I use that line when I post a track on DT and everyone calls it crap?
:-)

Message 14/14             10-Oct-02  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: A Question About Instr & Plug-ins

bedwyr

what are you doing with all these instruments? you can use multiple outs for exs24 with drums you know.  

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)