aaa amd & steinberg?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: amd & steinberg??

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-Oct-02  @  01:27 AM   -   amd & steinberg??

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

but will it help them out of it's mess with nuendo & sx?... kinda like an emagic/apple courtship eh

http://www.digitalproducer.com/cgi-bin/getframeletter.cgi?/2002/10_oct/news/10_07/amd_stein.htm

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 3/6             08-Oct-02  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: amd & steinberg??

influx

Link?: Link

sounds like nothing but yet another commercial.

Message 4/6             08-Oct-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: amd & steinberg??

k

agreed, things are looking shakey for steiny now... they probably needed some 'good news' to print.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             08-Oct-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: amd & steinberg??

influx

Link?: Link

man..you ever read the forums over there? SO many people are pissed off at steinberg...all around discontent. sounds like they may be going the way of the standard corp as far as taking people's money and leavin em stranded.

did you hear about the midi clock flaws in SX? for some its REALLY bad!

Message 6/6             08-Oct-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: amd & steinberg??

knowa

this might be just an ad but it made me think:

it might be good for steinberg to pull a logic and just develop solid s/w for PC (they'd have to fix 5.1 Mac first) or even just the AMD chips (if they're that different from the intels). I'm not saying it's a good business decision, but for the user I think it makes sense to get one product on one platform done right. as a mac owner, I hope that's what happens with logic.

I know some people get it going just fine, but VST 4.7-5.1 Mac was never stable for me when the CPU was above 65% (65%of 400 Mhz mind you). It wasn't until I got Reason that I realized s/w wasn't always so flaky.

I followed all the mac OS tips and had it running just fine as long as CPU usage was low. but there was always a couple of ways to lock it up (editing automation data being a big one).

I'v read that the problem might is that VST is developed on the PC, then ported to the Mac platform. I really dunno anything about coding and porting, but the p-heads website says explicitly that they develop the program on both platforms at once--"never ported--and all their stuff has always been a completely solid on the mac.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)