aaa Logic under xp ?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic under xp ??

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Oct-02  @  08:14 AM   -   Logic under xp ??

kogz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,there, How are you guys doing ??
I went to AES 113th convention in LA, taking a "sick" day off work on Monday. That was great. a lot of demos going on and by people who know the stuff (well, sure they are from the companies. but not like some Guiter Cxxxxr sales guys if you know what I mean..) anyways, I noticed that in those demos, whenever they were demoing on Windows, they were using XP, and it looked really light and solid. That makes me wonder "maybe XP might be a lot faster than Win98", which I am using right now and I thought "hmm, I really want to try it out now".

I am currently running Logic Plat 4.7 and some Waves plugins on Win98, but do you guys know if those programs can run on XP? Supposedly XP is the next version of win98 right? Like Win2k from NT 4. Logic 4.7 is already a darn good program so I don't really want to go in the upgrading direction that much at the moment if I don't have to. Has anybody try that by any chance ?? If you could answer it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
kogz

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             09-Oct-02  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

Drop

Don't know how helpful this is but XP was the only one that would run 3 soundcards in my PC. DV reckon its the best one for music on the PC.

Message 3/7             09-Oct-02  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

Steve Roughley

As far as I am aware XP is an advance from 2K, which runs beautifuly with Logic5 (not sure about the benefits of running XP and Logic4 though). I'm going to upgrade to XP as soon as I can.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 4/7             09-Oct-02  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

fiddleface

Link?:  Link

I think you need logic 4.8 if you're using XP. Its a free upgrade but its on the e-magic site anymore. You should be able to find someone who can put it online for you to download though.

Message 5/7             09-Oct-02  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

fiddleface

Link?:  Link

That is, its NOT on the e-magic site anymore

Message 6/7             09-Oct-02  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

Stvy

Hi,

Yep you need to get the Windows 2000/XP v4.81 installer CD from Emagic support wherever you are.

It works OK, I got a bit better ASIO performance on win2k/XP than on win98SE, a few more plugins etc. HOWEVER it is not as stable on Win2k/XP than win98SE.

Theres a few nasty bugs in their, I could crash logic easily. Just save regular and you'll be fine. I.e. logic crashes oh dear just start it up again straight a way no reboots required.

All of this crash bugs are fixed in v5 as far as I can tell. Also v5.2 above have a Shitload of CPU optimsations and I think the new audio engine runs a lot better than v4.7/8 or v5.0/5.1.2 I've not had a single ASIO overload message since I upgraded.

Cheers

Stvy

Cheers

Stvy

Message 7/7             09-Oct-02  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: Logic under xp ??

kogz

Thanks guys.

And thanks Stvy, Whenever Logic crashes, it’s usually something to do with the audio. MIDI only does not cause any problem as far as I am concerned.

But overall, do you feel v5.2 lighter ? I mean, under midi and audio project, for instance, can you do “play/stop/rewind a little/play” quick and still do not get that “overload” or “midi and audio link broken” or whatever we were suffering before (you know what I am taking about right ?.. I hope..) or those crashes/error message still happen ?

Thanks!
kogz

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)