aaa Wierd Distortion - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Wierd Distortion

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Oct-02  @  09:11 AM   -   Wierd Distortion

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Bit of a strange one this. Any ideas? My system runs solid but every so often, I get this what sounds like distortion. Like the signals far too hot. It usually happens when I add another plug-in. I have to quit Logic then re-open it. Then its fine and solid again. This usually happens every hour and a half. Its weird. I've checked the soundcard control panel and its not too hot a signal. Its strange. Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Oct-02  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

Drop

Right, for anyones that interested. I spoke to midiman about this problem and apparently they are aware of it. It affects delta 410's that are running on Windows XP. The tech's are currently working on the driver update and it should be downloadable in about 3 weeks from their website.

They were so much more helpful and willing to listen than those Terratek fools.

Message 3/7             16-Oct-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

k

aha, U use delta - yes this is a known issue for some delat XP users. The sound goes distorted and then fizzles out requiring a reboot of the programme. sad.

Message 4/7             16-Oct-02  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

k

there's a beta driver up today in the drivers section

Message 5/7             16-Oct-02  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

k

i'll say one thing, their site sucks for speed and those menu's are crap.

Here's the new beta driver desciption:

This BETA release of the WDM driver for Delta series does not have GSIF (GigaStudio Interface) support, nor does it have WDM Latnecy support for less than 10ms operation. * * * This beta driver is being released as a service to those users wishing to obtain improved decoder support with Ravisent based decoding software for DVD playback. * * * MME and WDM applications like Sonar XL 2.0 should use WDM 5.10.00.27 driver. * * * As this is a BETA driver, any operational or software driver related issues should be reported to testing@m-audio.com.

Message 6/7             16-Oct-02  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

Drop

Thanks Kilo. Is that on their website or yours?

Cos I spoke to them today and they couldn't give me a date for the driver that I need to sort out this problem.

So, is this the driver I need?

Cheers mate.

Message 7/7             16-Oct-02  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Wierd Distortion

Drop

K, just got a top bod at Digital Village to ring Midiman. THey weren,t answering my question so I thought someone at DV would carry more weight.

They just called me to tell me that the updated drivers are going to be made available from any time between 2 days to 2 weeks.

So anyone having problems with Delta cards and XP, hopefully this will reasure you.

drop.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)