aaa headphone amp setup - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: headphone amp setup

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             02-Oct-02  @  11:34 AM   -   headphone amp setup

bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

'ello all.

i want to set up a headphone amp and would like it as close to the source as possible. So was thinking i could take a seperate stereo out of the soundcard. But how do i get logic to send the main outs to two different sets of outs? is it possible?

i don't want to set up a seperate monitor mix, just a duplicate of the main mix that goes to the speakers.

we can always just use one of the outputs on the harware mixer, but we'd rather not.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             02-Oct-02  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

milan

why not use the mixer? i know thats how i would do it. otherwise you may do it the oldskool way- via channel aux send, and then bus output to another soundcard out. of course, thats a bitch if you have many channels running... maybe theres a better way...

Message 3/9             02-Oct-02  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

bedwyr

ahh, bollox. the headphone amp (behringer) has varying amount of hum on each channel. only one channel is usable. pants. we just got our new sony 7506 headphones too. booo!

Message 4/9             02-Oct-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

milan

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ahaha! my mate Kosta has again proved his worth as a logic problem solver!

see the picture above: route your audio tracks and whatever you got to a bus instead of going directly to an output, and then use two stereo aux channels as returns for that bus. use outs on aux channel as master faders for your outputs simple as that!

i knew there was a way   m.

Message 5/9             02-Oct-02  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

bedwyr

woo hoo. thanks m & kosta. now all we need is a decent headphone amp.   and some inspiration ...

Message 6/9             03-Oct-02  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

k

Link?:  Link

hey, you can make a decent headphone amp from a cheap hi-fi amp - if you can wait till next week i'll get the resistor values and add an article about it - I built one before and it ran 6 pairs no probs. You'll need some 2 strand cable and some type of home-made distribution box with the required amount of stereo headphone sockets. On our setup we had 4 twin socket boxes at intervals round the room.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/9             15-Oct-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

bedwyr

in fact it's better if you send everything to a bus and use one aux for the sepreate send and leave the bus on your normal output otherwise the solo buttons don't work.

Message 8/9             15-Oct-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

k

Link?:  Link

sorry mate - didn't have time last week... i'll try this week.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9             15-Oct-02  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: headphone amp setup

bedwyr

no worries we're using the headphone amp we got.

even if you use the one aux way, the solo buttons still don't work for the aux, only for the main out. there must be another way, how about those virtual audio cable things?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)