aaa Is Reason Killing Dance Music? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             25-Jun-03  @  03:35 PM   -   Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

Small Judge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The amount of records out now that contain drum sounds that I recognise from Reason is amazing. Alot of deep house at the moment sounds very similar indeed. Also there are recognisable "mix" sounds/arrangements copied straight from the demo songs provided. I said I'd give it all up when a music package came out that "does it all for you".

But I'm still here moaning.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             25-Jun-03  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

mcc>

sounds like a good time to stop listening so much and start a little more "doing". it's nice to hear i haven't been missing much though. then again.....as much as i can enjoy some good house music...it never really was about being the most unique kid on the block....was it?

plus> it's also hard for me to blame the technology for users' basic lack of imagination.
i think reason just came out at a time when a bunch of cardboard minds were ready to "become dance-music producers".

Message 3/27             25-Jun-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

Influx

Link?: Link

I hear ya, and I say the bland stuff wont stay around long

but I know a couple people who do tracks in reason and they really push the envelope with it. Breakerbox and Digital Rust both rock that fuckin program

Message 4/27             25-Jun-03  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

errata

Reason doesn't kill music, people kill music.

I hear reason all over the pplace, but I heard acid 4 years ago all over the place! I can tell a track made in acid within the first 30 seconds, something about the arrangement, I don't know.

But I know half a dozen people who are using Reason exclusively and pushing it all the way out! Their own samples, intense arrangements... it's funny, their all junglists, but that granular synth is AWESOME... wouldn't mind one me-self, but that I'm none too interested in the package for the price...

Not to fear, these guys will fade... creativity and experimentalism, the push to do new and interesting music, wins out in the long run...

e

Message 5/27             25-Jun-03  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

Influx

and another thing..when busted out and mixed in another prog or externally, reason no longer "sounds like reason"

Message 6/27             25-Jun-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

Steve Roughley

In answer to the original question, no way! It just opens the market for those who are willing to go that little bit further. If you can recognise the 'Reason Sound' then that logically means that the production sound of those who use the 'all-in-one' toy, are subject to its sound. So keep working with more flexible tools and your sound will be more unique. Isn't that enough?

Regards.

Steve.

Message 7/27             26-Jun-03  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

dubmunkey

well we used to have a saying....

wannabe- why is reason so cheap?

smartass- well there is a REASON....

in seriousness i had someone practically start on me cos i said i wasn't interested in it and preferred my mpc- all his pro friends (hardhouse- GAK!) used it and he thought i was pretensious for slagging it- bah

Greg

Message 8/27             26-Jun-03  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

op

" sounds like a good time to stop listening so much and
start a little more "doing".
---------
Ha, the listening never stops! This "is" the way to
determine when shit proggies like reason exist, and not
to use them in professional tracks.

opinions

Message 9/27             26-Jun-03  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

soundmagus

Link?:  Link

HAHAHA

ANOTHER CASE OF SHIT TRADESMEN BLAMING THEIR TOOLS.

WHAT NEXT I WONDER.

Message 10/27             27-Jun-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: Is Reason Killing Dance Music?

psylichon

anyone that claims to hear Reason in my ambient tracks is a lying fool. It's not the arrow, it's the indian.

psy

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)