aaa How many samples can 2000 hold - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: How many samples can 2000 hold

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             21-Jun-99  @  08:40 AM   -   How many samples can 2000 hold

camacho21203

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm thnking of getting a 2000 sampler. I plan to add SIMMS to increase the RAm to it's max. My question is, how many samples can the machine hold. Most of my samples would be short. But I want to store many of them. For example, on the Akai tabletop S20 sampler, it can only store 16 samples. Thanks for your help
If you could send me an email direct with your answer.
Carlos

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             08-Jul-99  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: How many samples can 2000 hold

hypersynthetix

Link?: Link

Dear Carlos,
Having owned a S20(yuk!!!) and currently owning a S2000, I can certainly help out here. First of all don't even hesitate buying that S2000. And unless you have a need for a cool looking Akai paperweight, get rid of the S20.
the S2000 is really only limited by the amount of ram you have in it. the file format is so effeciant(over the S20)
numerous samples can be handled by both disks and system. the S2000 uses keygroups (basically assigning a sample to a key on a controller) and for layered sounds each key can trigger 4 sounds. For instance if you have a 61 key controller you can escentially have 61 samples loaded at a time.
However, the better way to do it is assign a few keygoups on one PROGRAM(equivalent to a sound on a normal synth) and have a program change in the beginning of the sequence to select the right program through MIDI.
It took me forever to step up to a pro level sampler, but boy am i glad i did. In my opinion, one of the better options in upgrading your studio. (S2000 is great, if you can, go for S5000 or S6000.) have fun, sample away, get your groove on.

check out http://hypersynthetix.iwarp.com

signed
shea steinbacher

Message 3/3             09-Jul-99  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: How many samples can 2000 hold

camacho21203

Link?:  No link

Thanks. Great information. I will look to a 2000 for my sampling needs.

Carlos

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)