aaa Differences between AKAI and EMU - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Differences between AKAI and EMU

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             09-Sep-99  @  05:19 PM   -   Differences between AKAI and EMU

breakb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

There is quite a lot of information about AKAI Samplers on this site,but not that much about EMU. Can anybody tell me if there is a typical AKAI or EMU "sound"?

What about an EMU history like the interesting AKAI feature?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-Sep-99  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

k

for me there is... in a word emu's are warmer... akai's have that hard akai sound so upfront... both are great... but generally speaking the lower down the ranges you go, the emu's will offer better synthesis & filters starting at emnax compared to s900/950 s1000 , of them i'd say the emax is fatter harder hitting sound ive had the ability on Urei monitors at a top studio to compare my emax 909 kiks with the s1000 studio library 909 kiks, and the emax was harderfatter... but you get less poly, blah blah...

yes.. get up the emu range and you start to get a sampler which when loaded with sounds is to all intents and purposes a synth which happens to have it's waves in sample-ram as opposed to rom like an orbit or morpheus... upper-end emu's have morphing filters etc... the newer akai's are getting with the programme, they all have reasonable filters.. i just prefer emu's.. anyways that is it... oh yes, also there is way MORE aai cdrom stuff about than for emu as 3rd party sounds

you had the emax-1 & E3 a big 16 bit smpte 16mb monster thing... then came stuff like the emax-2 16 bit 16 note 2-8mb ram h/d options etc.... the big EIII rack thing... then a lull, im not too up on this product line but i dont remember any others, then next i remember came the ESI-32 which set the new sub-1000 UKP mark for a pro-quality-sampler... then esi-64 double-ram & poly extra filters etc... there is also E6400, E4k... try the emu site, their new beastie is even more wild with amazing features.... ut obviously expensive... check 'em out, the humble esi32 is a wicked sampler...

Message 3/8             12-Sep-99  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

breakb

Thankx alot for your help!

Message 4/8             02-Oct-99  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

[e

Can anybody tell me if there is a typical AKAI or Ensoniq sounds ?
expecially with older machines .

Message 5/8             03-Oct-99  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

pedantic

surely the difference bbetween an emu and an akai
is that an akai is a sound instrument while an emu
is a big bird with feathers
well, I am pedantic

Message 6/8             04-Oct-99  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

k

hey - but check the forthcoming E-mu - E-5000 - a killer so i'm told !! and cheap !!

Message 7/8             04-Oct-99  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

j

What about Yamaha A3000 v2...?

Message 8/8             06-Oct-99  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Differences between AKAI and EMU

rahh

Link?: Link

the s5/6k is fat, loads of filters, that akai sound and a great user interface.

You can get ptional expansion boards such as a 16 channel adat connection for linking directly into a similarly equiped digital desk.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)