aaa AKAI users! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: AKAI users!

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             18-Sep-99  @  02:21 PM   -   AKAI users!

V

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok, im using a s2800 (s3000) but was thinking about an s6000 with effects. Do you really think it is worth the money AND is it really a huge upgrade to be able to use .WAV files off the cd's into the s6000?

thanks to all!

V

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             18-Sep-99  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

Purple Haze

Nope, it's no big upgrade to be able to use wav files, certainly not if you might as well put a scsi card in your pc and transfer the wav files to the akai using something like soundforge or nicewave (which even seems to be free!). Hmmm... I'm not sure it will work with an s2800 though.

If I were you I'd wait at least untill you're absolutely sure the os is stable.
Last thing I heard about the s5000 (friend of mine bought one) was that the latest os (1.21 I think) was 'really rock-stable', but it could take minutes to save even a simple 1mb program to zip. I can't believe akai overlooked this.

Message 3/19             19-Sep-99  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

V

thanks PH. i tried scsm trfr from s2800 but no avail...yes it will be a while before i buy....i hope to a used s6k..heh heh, don't laugh, ive seen them and w/effects for 1900usd!

thanks again,

V

Message 4/19             28-Sep-99  @  12:25 PM   -   S5/S6 BUG!

G

After expanding my s5000 to 16 outputs, the sampler is operating fine as long as global effects switch is off. When effects switched on, renegade signals are popping up on channels 13/14/15/16 respective to fx1/fx2/rev1/rev2, when ever a keygroup/program is sent to one of the efx`s modules! To conclude ,efx output(wet) is from o/p 1&2, ok. Dry signal is o/p from designated o/p as chosen i.e ch 3, ok. BUT a renegade signal(dry) is popping up on channel 13 to 16, respective to which efx module the signal was sent too, definetly NOT OK .The more `send` the stronger the renegade signal. Something is very wrong. S6000 in the dealers shop was also doing this. Does anybody know what is going on !!IS it a bug, the efx card, or the motherboard in the sampler, I myself do not have a clue and am starting to regret my choice in sampler.

Message 5/19             06-Oct-99  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

rahh

Link?: Link

re s6000 fx

its not a bug. these outputs directly output the 4 fx busses

Message 6/19             17-Oct-99  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

GEE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, BUT WHY IS THERE NO CLUE ABOUT IT IN THE OPERATING MANUAL ? STRANGE.......

Message 7/19             17-Oct-99  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

GEE

RAA, I DON'T THINK THAT IS CORRECT, BECAUSE IF I DECIDE TO SEND MULTIPLE KEYGROUPS TO AN EFX MODULE, SO I COULD HAVE DIFFERENT EFX SENDS LEVELS LETS SAY FOR A DRUM PROGRAM, THEN ALL OF THESE OUTPUTS WOULD BE POPPING OUT OF THE DIRECT OUTPUT(dry) which will be overloaded, AND GOOD FOR NOTHING ASWELL AS OUT OF THEIR DESIGNATED OUT VIA KEYGROUP ZONE PAGE. ITS EITHER 12 CHANNELS WITH INTERNAL EFX, OR IT IS 16 CHANNELS WITH NO INTERNAL EFX. TRY IT !AKAI HAS NOT MENTIONED THESE OPTION`S IN THEIR OPERATING MANUAL, NOT EVEN A WORD !!!!

Message 8/19             17-Oct-99  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

GEE

RAA, I DON'T THINK THAT IS CORRECT, BECAUSE IF I DECIDE TO SEND MULTIPLE KEYGROUPS TO AN EFX MODULE, SO I COULD HAVE DIFFERENT EFX SENDS LEVELS LETS SAY FOR A DRUM PROGRAM, THEN ALL OF THESE KEYGROUPS WOULD BE POPPING OUT OF THE EFX BUSS DIRECT OUTPUT(WETHER I LIKE IT OR I DONT) (dry) WHICH WILL BE OVERLOADED AND GOOD FOR NOTHING, ASWELL AS OUT OF THEIR DESIGNATED OUT VIA KEYGROUP ZONE PAGE. ITS EITHER 12 CHANNELS
WITH INTERNAL EFX, OR IT IS 16 CHANNELS WITH NO INTERNAL EFX. TRY IT !AKAI HAS NOT MENTIONED THESE
OPTION`S IN THEIR OPERATING MANUAL, NOT EVEN A WORD !!!!

Message 9/19             17-Oct-99  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

k

wait for the new E-5000 i'd say - 1200 or so, and a monster synth/sampler for the dosh so they say...

Message 10/19             20-Oct-99  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

rahh

G - actually it should just be the wet fx signal coming from outputs 13-16 - as long as you turn off the direct signal parameter on the fx routing page - check it out.

K - so who says? - do you believe everthing you hear? Why is the emu better?

Message 11/19             23-Oct-99  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

GEE

RAA, THANKS, THAT HELPED ALOT, HOWEVER A DRY SIGNAL IS O/P VIA FX BUSS, DIRECT OUT, WET SIGANL IS VIA O/P 1+2. IF I CHOOSE TO SEND ONE KEYGROUP, OR ONE SOUND TO A EFX MODULE THEN THE SAMPLER IS WORKABLE, AND SOUNDS SUPERB. SO I AM LIMITED TO 4 SOUNDS, IF I WANT TO MAINTAIN SONIC INTEGRITY AT THE DIRECT OUTPUT`S, WHEN USING EFX`S WHICH IS ALL THE TIME, IS THAT CORRECT THINKING ? ALSO, IT SEEMS THAT DOUBLE MONITORING IS OCCURING ON THE EFX BUSS DIRECT OUT, WHEN SENDING ONLY ONE SOUND AND IS FIXED BY DROPPING LEVELS ON THE SEND, ZONE PAGE, AND MULTI, THIS IS AFFECTING SONIC INTEGRITY, OR IS THAT THE WAY THINGS ARE MEANT TO WORK.

K, AKAI IS REALLY A GOOD SAMPLER, WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT .I GUESS WHEN DEALING WITH TOP OF THE LINE SAMPLERS,IT AINT THE SAMPLER BUT THE ENGINERRING AND IMAGINATION OF THE PERSON USING IT. DIFFERENT FOLKS, DIFFERENT STROKES !!!

Message 12/19             23-Oct-99  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

PoPo

Gee, go check the AKAI mailing list if you haven't already. http://www.antisleep.com/akai/

Message 13/19             24-Oct-99  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: AKAI users!

k

well, i heard it from one of the biggest akai dealers in the Uk.... firstly cos the new Akai's have bugs, second cos they say the facilities-to-cost ratio is superb and seriously squashes the akai's... thats all... but personally, i find E-mu's ALWAYS fatter & warmer....

Message 14/19             25-Oct-99  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

PoPo

Yeah, akai really should give you more memory and some decent sounds, not just 4 floppy dicks full of semi quality whatever. But the bugs are now pretty minor, & will eventually get worked out. Too bad for akai they did themselves this way though..

Message 15/19             26-Oct-99  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

gee

EVEN WITH ALL THE FUSTRATION FROM THESE BUGS, I STILL REGARD THE AKAI SOUND(S5K/S6K)TO BE SUPER...... KILLER PUNCH, CLARITY ETC....

Message 16/19             26-Oct-99  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

Mastermind

Yes, its funny. Some call the warm sound of the Emus too muddy, and some call the bright clear sound of the Akais too cold or dry. Its just the way you look at it. Some prefer it that way, others the other way around.

Message 17/19             26-Oct-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

nobody

Link?:  Link

and with os 1.3 coming soon, perhaps we can all retain a bit of that sanity stuff..

Message 18/19             27-Oct-99  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

pelle

I hope that the OS 1.3 will have these,,1- Option to Sort (Samples-Programs-Multis) Ascending or
Descending by Name or Date and Time. 2- Faster up/down, Select
-Scroll. (Too slow). 3- Option to turn off the LFO2 sync. (Stop the
flashing! still receives MIDI events). 4- Correct the MIDI clock LFO2
sync timing. (Still slightly off beat). 5- Option to select and view the
Loop (End<>Start) in the Main (Large) waveform display. 6- Ability to
load and play MIDI Files. (16 track sequencer would be helpful).

Message 19/19             27-Oct-99  @  08:43 AM   -   RE: AKAI users!

nobody

Link?:  Link

the flashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sequencing?

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)