aaa S1100 program no/midi chan asignment - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Oct-99  @  02:28 PM   -   S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

iamtheultimateproduct

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I reasently got myself an S1100. Since I am kind of a newbie
in sequencing and sampling I canīt set it up right. What i don't
get is how the MIDI channels and the program number work like.

When I set up two difrent program numbers on diffrent midi channels I only can hear one of them at a time and if I set all programs to one number and play the programs on diffrent midi channels i canīt use difrent effects at the same time.

How would a normal setup look like. Lets say we have one program with drums on, one with bass, one doing a lead synth and one playing some nice pads.

Just wonder how the program no/MIDI chan setup will look like.

Thanks
Erik

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Oct-99  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

99devils

You've got it backwards, dude. IF you want two different samples to play at the same time, you assign them to two different MIDI channels with the same program number.

-Craig

Message 3/7             13-Oct-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

iamtheultimateproduct

But if I want to use diffrent effects at the two samples?
When i set what effect to be where i have to assign them to chan noīs.

Message 4/7             14-Oct-99  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

99devils

I don't have the FX board, so everything I'm saying could be bullshit... If you do indeed set the FX by channels, and you've got drums on ch. 10 and a vocal sample on ch. 1, and you want the drums to have some reverb and you want to distort the vocal sample, set distortion to ch 1 and reverb to ch 10.

-Craig

Message 5/7             18-Oct-99  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

iamtheultimateproduct

On the s-1100 you have built in effects. When using them you asaign them to an program no. If I asaign a reverb to program no 1 it will affect all program that is set to program no 1.

Anyone who knows?

Message 6/7             18-Oct-99  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

99devils

Like I said, I've got an S2000 w/o FX...

If that is the case, then there's got to be a parameter for FX Send level or something like that...

-Craig

Message 7/7             27-Oct-99  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: S1100 program no/midi chan asignment

iamtheultimateproduct

Yes there is but i can't use two diffrent effects at the same time.
Thats the problems. Sorry for bothering all with the same question but if someone know then please answer.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)