aaa MPC2oooXL OS crashes? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-Dec-99  @  06:17 PM   -   MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So whats the scoop on this? I'm picking one up this week ..but I've heard some bad fedback..like loading problems and crashes...whats uP

o.. and one q:
can u assign the fader to controle the MPCs mixer?
thx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-Dec-99  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

MODasBLUE

Ver. 1.07 sucks,
Ver. 1.06 works fine...

The mixer on the MPC is hard to explain...it's based on the assumption that you'll mix outboard (on modules driven by the MPC). If you're used to, say, a Roland workstation, the MPC mixer is nothing like that.

The fader controls parameters of samples like filter depth, pitch, velocity, attack, decay....

You can control these parameters in real time, but not continously (like a synthesizer). That is, whatever the filter depth is when the sample is triggered will be the filter depth during the whole playback. Remember, this is a phrase sampler/sequencer, not a synth/sampler like the rack units and the ASRX.

But if you want hardware sequencing, basic sampling and an infinitely expandable drum-machine, you should still buy it. THe OS updates will surely not be an issue in later versions. The "regular MPC" ended on 1.41, so...

I expect 1.08 soon...at least they'd BETTER make it soon because all of the many improvements in 1.07 just gave birth to many more bugs. 1.06 has never crashed on me and I use my MPC like at least 4 hours a day, usually more, so....

Message 3/6             08-Feb-00  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

druma

Hey MODasBLUE thanks for the reply it was very informative. my XL is locking up randomly or
crashing into this weird all i c is numeric data mode ... happens at least once a day  so basically
that just leaves one more thing: were can i get OS1.o6?????
thanks

*ding*
i just had a brain storm!! maybe the AKAI web site !!!  

Message 4/6             08-Feb-00  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

druma

Hey MODasBLUE thanks for the reply it was very informative. my XL is locking up randomly or
crashing into this weird all i c is numeric data mode ... happens at least once a day  so basically
that just leaves one more thing: were can i get OS1.o6?????
thanks

*ding*
i just had a brain storm!! maybe the AKAI web site !!!  

Message 5/6             08-Feb-00  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

druma

ops!.. dam dubble click button!!
anyway its not at the AKAI home page,!! 

Message 6/6             08-Feb-00  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: MPC2oooXL OS crashes?

R-Tek

I have 1.06 on disk, hit me at: yoy85@dial.pipex.com, and I`ll mail it 2 ya. Incidentally, I aint had no crashing probs with either 1.06 or 1.07, just plenty of those annoying little bugs. Anyways, mail me.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)