aaa self-sevice was a big mistake! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: self-sevice was a big mistake!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Dec-99  @  10:22 PM   -   self-sevice was a big mistake!

noliveir2eden.rutgers.edu

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I tried to install the output expander (IB300p, or something) on my S2000 and now when I turn it on it with the startup disk in it just says "insert sytem disk". I know I have to take it to a pro for repair, but, just so I can sleep tonight, can somebady tell me that they did the same thing and their sampler was not ruined for good? Am I panicking, or might I have killed my sampler?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             17-Dec-99  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

casparproject

Link?: Link

Hey man, have you checked to make sure you didn't disconnect the disk drive? I did this on my MPC2KXL, and it had the same type of message. Email me if you have any luck, but I'll betcha you just tugged the disk drive cable a bit when you opened her up and the connections loose.

Peaceout
Peter

Message 3/8             17-Dec-99  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

noliveir

Thanks for the reply--I'll try it and let you know. BTW what do you think of the effects board? How does in compare to a Midiverb, or other comparable units?

Message 4/8             30-Dec-99  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

xoxos

can't offer any better suggestions than checking your connex, but i installed my outputs fine.. i know nothing about electronics, but i've probably fixed about a dozen problems in my life just by physically examining the components, replacing stuff that looks screwed, or traces to the buttons that don't work, et c. good luck  

Message 5/8             06-Jan-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

doro

i cant get any buttons to work on my mpc2000 is there something else i should press to get them working any help please

Message 6/8             11-Jan-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

Ellipsis

Link?:  Link

you dont need to have the disk in the drive...the output expansion has it onboard, i believe....

Message 7/8             11-Jan-00  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

R-Tek

Doro - have you just got the MPC? Or have you installed an optional extra?

Message 8/8             12-Jan-00  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: self-sevice was a big mistake!

delta_m_music

I've an Akai S2000 expanded with 32MB ram and the EB-16 effects-board. I installed both myself and don't experience any problems. The quality of the EB-16 is great. I can easilily compete a Midiverb, actually, it is even better!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)