aaa MPC 2000 XL - Go for it ? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC 2000 XL - Go for it ?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             25-Dec-99  @  12:17 PM   -   MPC 2000 XL - Go for it ?

WThor

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, my current gear is: esi32, masterkeyboard, a midifaderbox with midi-16-step sequencer and the roland vm3100pro, the rest is computer-based.
So now i canīt stand sitting in front of this monitor ALL THE TIME nemore and wanna do live gigs (well, electronic ones) and well, wanna record my ideas a more hmm natural, direct way.

so, my thought is to go for a mpc 2000xl and, in addtition, a synth like Waldorf Microwave XT.

Is this the thing ?
i was a "usual" keyboarder and am relatively new to this live electronic thing -how u work live actually.

Merry XMas   WThor

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             25-Dec-99  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: MPC 2000 XL - Go for it ?

R-Tek

I`ve had my MPC 4 2 days now, after finally having enough of PC sequencing and I gotta say, its excellent. Its incredibly easy 2 learn your way round, provided u have some experience of sequencers and the sequencer is rock solid - it doesn`t stall or hesitate - it just does what u ask it. One bug I`ve found on it though - if u change program on a synth u have connected 2 it, it disables the MPC sound engine - big fuckup on Akais behalf, but I`m gonna try and sort that later with the midi filters. As u already have an excellent rack sampler and u seem 2 b in the exact position I was in a coupla weeks ago (sick of making music with a mouse, sick of looking at the screen rather than concentrating purely on the music etc.) then I would say go 4 it mate. I dunno about playing live, but a lot of big acts like the chems and underworld use em so they must b up 2 the job. Already, I`ve seen a big difference in how I percieve my music and I know my way around it enough now 2 intergrate fully into my studio and b done with this infernal PC sequencer - its a real intuitive box. Sure its flawed, but what is does do, it does it very well. The synth structure is limited, 2 say the least - 1 lopass per voice with freq degree of 0 -100 and res only 0 - 15, so it aint exactly precise but its definately ustilisable but the amp env. is real tight sounding which, coupled with the fact that the only thing that akais have ever been really good at is the drumsound makes it a great box.

Buy one. And have a merry christmas.

Message 3/3             25-Dec-99  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: MPC 2000 XL - Go for it ?

R-Tek

Me again. I`ve just set the midi filter so it doesn`t recieve midi program change messages, and it does indeed rectify the bug.

I love this box.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)