aaa Mpc: Internal sequence -> External? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             15-Jan-00  @  09:54 AM   -   Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

Mr

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can you convert an internal drum track to an external midi track in mpc2000xl?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             15-Jan-00  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

R-Tek

What exactly do u mean?

Do u mean lay down the drums using sounds out of the MPC and then when you`re happy with it convert it so that the drums roll out of another sampler? In which case, yes.

Or do u mean export the drumtrack as a midi file 2 play in another sequencer? Also, yes.

Message 3/8             16-Jan-00  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

Mr

I mean the first thing you said. How do you convert a drum track to a midi track?

Message 4/8             16-Jan-00  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

R-Tek

Just save your riddim as a midi file onto floppy or whatever and then open up your sequencer, select which track u want the drums on and select "import midi file" or whatever as appropriate in your sequencer; The midi file should then appear on your computer drumtrack, if u want the drums rolling out of your MPC then just select the correct midi channel and set your MPC 2 slave. If u want the drums coming out of another sampler, select the correct midi channel and assign the drums in the sampler so that they corrrelate with the midi file (C1 Kick drum etc.).

Message 5/8             16-Jan-00  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

R-Tek

oh yeah, I meant 2 say put the floppy into the computer after saving the file on MPC, obviously.

Message 6/8             16-Jan-00  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

Mr

But what I really wanted to know is this: I want to play the rhythm sequences (which I made with the MPC and internal samples) with an external sampler, but with the MPC still as sequencer. So with the MPC silent, but outputting the midi data of the drum track to the other sampler... Can I do this?

Message 7/8             16-Jan-00  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

R-Tek

Oh, I`m with ya now. Just change the "S:" parameter below where the track number is displayed at the bottom left to midi and then select the appropriate midi chan. to the left for the external sampler and then just make sure the drum samples correalate in your external with the note numbers in the MPC.

Message 8/8             17-Jan-00  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: Mpc: Internal sequence -> External?

Mr

Thanks mon.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)