aaa Storage Devices - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Storage Devices

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             23-Feb-00  @  01:35 PM   -   Storage Devices

phlak

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was wondering what everyone is using for storage on their Akai samplers. I'm looking for another storage device and wanted more options than I had found myself. I'm currently using a Zip drive and CD-ROM drive.

Thanks-
Phlak Bjornholm

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-Feb-00  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: Storage Devices

Ellipsis

Link?:  Link

p.c.

Message 3/5             26-Feb-00  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: Storage Devices

Purple Haze

Link?:  No link

What's wrong with the zip ? I know the media is kinda expensive, and although zip drives are supposedly plagued by the 'click of death', I've never had any problems with mine.

If you'd chose some kind of media with a bigger capacity, then keep in mind that the older akai's (don't know about the new ones) can only use max. about 500 megs.

Message 4/5             28-Feb-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: Storage Devices

phlak

Link?: Link

Nothing is wrong with the zip except disc prices and speed. I'm awae of the 510 meg restriction but it is just about impossible to find a 540 meg hard drive these days. I was just curious to see if I overlooked any other options.

-Phlak

Message 5/5             05-Mar-00  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Storage Devices

Purple Haze

Link?:  No link

I'd suggest putting a 'wanted' ad in the computer section of your local buy/sell/exchange magazine.
I'm sure there are people who have an old scsi hd lying around who figure noone is interested in it anymore.

But... I noticed that a scsi hd hooked up to an akai doesn't have that much speed improvement (if any at all) over a zip drive.
+ point is that if you also have a scsi cdrw, you could backup the contents o fthe hd to cd and read it with the akai (that is provided everything is compatible with eachother).

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)