aaa akai vs zoom - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: akai vs zoom

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             29-Feb-00  @  10:20 AM   -   akai vs zoom

damaged69

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm looking for a good phrase sampler and have narrowed my search down to two: The AkaiS20 and the Zoom Sampletrak 224. These are both within the $300 to $500 price range. What I like about both is that they also include a built in sequencer. If anyone has any information as to which one would be a better buy and why, it would be most appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             03-Mar-00  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: akai vs zoom

SB

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just bought the s20 and I'm really happy with it. The sound quality is the main reason I picked it over the other phrase samplers of a similar price.

It's good for breakbeats and drums. There's a mono trigger feature that allows playback of one sample to stop another - great for open and closed hats. The resample feature gives you some crunchy hip hop style breaks, and there's a beat loop function that synchronises the tempo of loops.

I've 17mb which gives me 131 secs sampling time at 32kHz...plenty for what I'm using it for. You can use Akaidisk to load wav files onto an Akai formatted floppy. This way you can edit all loops on your PC, ready to load into the s20 - simple!

No filters, but I route mine through a Kaos pad  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)