aaa MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             23-Mar-00  @  02:09 PM   -   MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi ganag I posted this question in the Music/tech chat but I hope I get better luck with some XL owners...here's the
problem: my Xbase is set on ch10 my microwave is on ch1-8, I'm start to sequence and I go
on to part 4 in my MW (ch4) and the Xbase suddenly triggers that part with its drumbeat (not via
the 3 xtra midi tracks but my the simple 909 beat running on it) how the hell!!?? the Xbase is set
to ch10!!! the MW is on ch4!! but here's what kills me: I set the part 4 to a different channel and
its ok... I set the midi track in my MPC to respond to that ch and its ok. but as soon as I touch a
knob which sends midi on my Xbase it will start triggering the MW agian...its like the Xbase is
configured to trigger it (like a Controller), I tried connecting the Xbase straight into the MW,
and it fine ..so its the MPC! the monitor input shows I'm getting MIDI data on ch 10 and the
monitor output will change its output to whatever ch the MW is set on as soon as I set the track
on the MPC to its corresponding channel and touch a midi knob on my Xbase!, there's no data
recorded on the track, this is somkind of midi configuration inside my XL. Please help me.......this is killing me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             23-Mar-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

casparproject

ok, here's another idea. the tracks that are going through the mpc to the mw are set to "midi" right? now, have you turned of program change reception on those channels? I don't remember exactly which menu its in (I think it might be in the "drum" window [press open windo while "drum" is highlighted]) The MPC sometimes reads weird things as prog change messages. The other thing is to disable the prg change reception in the mw. If this doesn't work, try to figure out what the volume knob is doing specifically, record a track on the mpc while turning the volume knob, then go into the step seq. window and it should tell you what midi messages are being sent from the volume knob. that might not do anything for you though. another thing to do is make sure that the track you have selected on the mpc when you press play is one of the first three tracks (the one's that are controlling the MW rite?) then look closely at the main screen on the mpc, the mw and see if anything canges when you press play, and when you press stop on those screens. hope this helps.

peaceout

Message 3/6             26-Mar-00  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

druma

thanks for your effort casparproject, I' think the problem is that the mpc is thinking the xbase is a controller it would normally b easy to shut it off but I need to b abel to record and pass data through the mpc so I can't shut off the input, anyway I'm working without the output of the X09 right now, and I've emiald Akai.. hopefully they'll get back 2 me soon...they'r tech suport really sucks..

Message 4/6             26-Mar-00  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

casparproject

the active track in the mpc has to be labelled "midi" rather than "drum" for data to pass through without being effected.

peaceout

Message 5/6             27-Mar-00  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

druma

hey caspar I'm just going to buy a midi box or something cos I'll b getting a o1v soon so i'll need to expand my midi ports anyway (la automation .. oohh and btw I diged Annihilator ')

Message 6/6             27-Mar-00  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: MIDI Ghost in my MPCxL

casparproject

yeah, I jus got one of those too, they make a world of difference. thanx for listenin to my traxx.

peaceout

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)