aaa MPC building a a tune/song - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC building a a tune/song

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Mar-00  @  01:55 PM   -   MPC building a a tune/song

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok so I've never finished a compleate song! and the main reason I got my XL was to compleate my midi production. usually how it goes is: I start jamming and get a groove going usually within 8bars in lenght, the way "I thought" it would go after this is (cos the jam is pretty much the song)is that I would build up my song by dropping parts in and out by recording un/mutes onto the 2nd sequence running in liner manner with my main groove pattern, it would also b used to record cc, and fader movements, BUT it doesn't do that it's a indepentent sequence (am I right?) and has no affect on the main "grove" (sequence) and u can't record un/mutes!!! so my hwole song sculpting idea is flushed.. frankly I'm disapointed. the MPC could b so much more.. its tight timing is very impressif and its extramly verstyle, massif seq horse power and memory to carry out a hwole studio out life ..but I don't have a massif studio and all that hourse power is of littel use 2 me.. I sorta miss the ASRX .. prehaps I just sould have gotten a rm1x to go with it..sniff" i'm in teras now.... well anyway I'm not about to give up on the XL (yet?): so help me out: how do I build up a hwole track??? from my pattern, make dossens of copies and mute different tracks in every one? make a a few differnt patterns to go with it: break, intro, verse ect.. and cain them in song mode?...wait I'm onto something here... hell I'm giving away the answears (hwo cares how u write it) 2 my own q's... ,, anyway I'd deeply apreaciate step by step guide to how u dudes make your songs on the XL, and please feal free 2 throw some tips in... ohh btw what the is the 2nd sequence for???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             20-Apr-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: MPC building a a tune/song

lytrix

Link?: Link

check out this site for lots of MPC info..also about this 2nd sequence ..http://www.jacksonville.net/~slipmat/index.htm or http://www.mpc2000.cjb.net/

Eelke

Message 3/3             20-Apr-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: MPC building a a tune/song

druma

Link?:  No link

thanks Eelke, another mpc dude pointed my to thouse sites, really opend my mind.. I din't think we could do goup mutes or other cool song building tricks, but its all there, just have to work at it !-) ..anyway its a really stupid question ..hehe how do I build a song on my MPC hehe .. haha .. its hilarius hehe.. hahaha...

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)