aaa Millenium Lovers - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Millenium Lovers

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             30-Mar-00  @  01:22 AM   -   Millenium Lovers

dan_jarrett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm still waiting to get my copy in the mail, but I enjoy hearing about the delights of this nifty program. So If anyone want's to add anything here, please do.
By the way, In case you don't know, It's a software editor for the s2000 that apparently kicks ass over mesa. Which ain't hard, really, MESA is pretty dodgy. So dissapointed by it.!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             30-Mar-00  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

k

who writes it? - tell us more.. link?

Message 3/8             31-Mar-00  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

dan_jarrett

Here's the site for it.

http://www.rpgfan.demon.co.uk/y2k.htm

all details should be there.
you have to order it by mail though
from the US, so it might take a while if your in say, Australia, like me.

Still waiting

Message 4/8             31-Mar-00  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

Matthew

I had no end of problems with MESA, bought Millennium and NO problems whatsoever, the only problem is that it doesn't store fx settings if you have the optional board.

Message 5/8             05-Apr-00  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

martijn.as

Does Millenium also generate midi files out of chopped-up drumloops, much like recycle? That would be great...Who knows this? Thanks..
Martijn

Message 6/8             05-Apr-00  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

max coombe

check out the website listed above by dan - the author, jan, is v. friendly and answered my queries within the hour!

i've only heard good stuff about millenium, and apparently, yes it can chop like recycle, and no it doesn't crash all the time like mesa. i'll let you know more when i get my copy...

peace
max  

Message 7/8             05-Apr-00  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

Matthblue

As far as I've worked out it chops up the samples like a cut-down version of recycle (still pretty good though) but I don't think it makes a midi-map out of it. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll see if it can do it when I get home and get back to you.

Message 8/8             06-Apr-00  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: Millenium Lovers

dan_jarrett

Woo hoo,
Well it's arrived.

I got my copy of millenium in the mail today.
The first time I ran it I was astonished at how quick it was, I straight away came up with a list of the multis, programs and sounds that were in the sampler as if it already knew.
I no longer will get that hot feeling of frustration that MESA has given me. The best feature for me is the automatic program creator for drum programs.
Say you want to have a whole bunch of drum sounds spread out accross the keys. All you have to do is tell millenium what sounds to use and it'll do it all for you, it will even do it on all the white keys if you want.

As for Martijn's question, If your comparing it to recycle then , No it doesnt really stand up against it. And I don't think it creates midi files either, (maybe in the future?), But Millenium has a totally different purpose and the recycle like function seems to be a bonus add-on.

If you want something that will offer you everything that MESA promised and more then then 29.95 US is bloody worth it.

The only thing is it didn't come with a free set of steak knives.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)