aaa New MPC2000xl user questions - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: New MPC2000xl user questions

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             05-Apr-00  @  07:47 PM   -   New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have just added a MPC2000xl to my studio and have a question. Is there a way to set the samples to play only while I hold the pad down versus triggering the sample and it play all the way through?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             05-Apr-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

yep, go programs and in the lower right corner set poly to note off, u really outa try the manual its great for this sorta stuff  

Message 3/34             06-Apr-00  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan Wagner

Link?:  Link

Thanks for your help. Can this be set per sample or system wide.

Message 4/34             06-Apr-00  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

my MPC aint 2 hand right now, but I think its per sample only............wait, maybe it aint.....ummmmmmm yeah, read the manual dude, prolly in the creating + editing programs section.

Message 5/34             07-Apr-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll thumb through the manual.

Message 6/34             10-Apr-00  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Link?: Link

Has anybody had any luck with the 1.11 OS upgrade? I'm still on 1.06 because every other one has been more buggy in my experience. (1.10 was by FAR the worst! CRAZY Debug mode crashes!)

Message 7/34             11-Apr-00  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

(sheepish grin) they`ve all been good 4 me ModasBlue, its yet 2 crash on me once running any of the OSs even on 8 hour sessions with stsex and contoller data flying everywhere. However, just recently I`ve only been playing around with some drum programs cos I aint had any great ideas. But yesterday, it all came flying in thick and fast, I did about 2 hours work and then did a sysex dump from my emu 2 change some parameters round and my emu crashed...........and no, I hadn`t saved anything (in the emu, I always save the MPC stuff cos u cant trust it) and it all went down the pan. That was on 1.11, I`m gonna try em all out later today cos it used 2 work fine. What is it with akai? dont they test their stuff b4 releasing it? Just seems 4 ecery 1 bug they fix, the introduce another 2. I still love the old girl though, I just wish she wouldn`t give me so much shit.

Message 8/34             13-Apr-00  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Heh, I've been through that... I've got a REALLY simple setup though (MPC, 8080 and Korg Poly-800). Everything and anything is saved on my MPC (including patches on my 8080 through sysex dumps...keeps everything tidied up in one MIDI file) ...

I just leave the bastard on all day and save 20 sequences all at once like a week later and give it a rest. I know that's bad but...hey, I leave my computer on all day,so...

But, I love it anyway...I just need to move my shit into the same room as my computer so that I can I can more fully integrate COolEdit and softsynths into my setup.

Message 9/34             14-Apr-00  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

hey mpc users, tell me:

can you send to & recieve sysex data from other devices (for backup, you know) with these mpc dealys??

Message 10/34             14-Apr-00  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

R-Tek

yup.

Message 11/34             15-Apr-00  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

kick ass. thanks warrior of shirt-burned & tearing.

Message 12/34             19-Apr-00  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Hell yes it can...the MPC sees and knows all...

Message 13/34             19-Apr-00  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

does it know my cat's name??

Message 14/34             19-Apr-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Druma

1.1 is running like a charm on mine,.. one thing though .. I read somewhere I can set the fader to controle cc? is that true.. off diging up the manual i guess.. and R-tek yes I'm keeping the MW, that analouge filter is unreal!! it can go way deep into dark evil territories.. if dnb is your cup the MW is the tea that should b in it!.. yhea I get a real kick out of saying stupid guffy things ... )

Message 15/34             20-Apr-00  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

Druma - dont tempt me with more stories of great synths, I cant afford it   I got me a Pulse though and thats a right nasty old bugger too.

Anyways, 2 assign the slider 2 a cc (I think I told someone here that it weren`t possible b4, but it is), just press shift and the Note Variation button 2 get 2 the page where u assign a note and the parameter and right down thwe bottom there is the parameter "Assign NV slider to ctrl change" which is set 2 off as default so all u have 2 do then is twist the dial 2 assign it 2 0-128 a befits yer task, and Roberts yer mothers brother, as they say   I think it still only effects the paramter at note on though as it does with internal sounds so no filter sweeps with this kiddy, still worth using though  

Message 16/34             20-Apr-00  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

lytrix

Hi, my name is Eelke Jager and I recently bought a MPC2000xl. I want to build in a ide zip drive, but I have a few questions. I´ve read the installation article of Sevo Stille, which states: Two things worth mentioning: The floppy has a small 5V power adapter, while the ZIP100 needs a big 5+12V plug - an floppy to HD power adapter won't do, as the XL to floppy thing is missing the 12V line. The motherboard side plug has the same format as PC CPU fan connectors, so I was able to crimp my own from a dead fan and a HD plug. Another problem: If you tighten the front screws too much, the ZIP drive is skewed and will jam the cartridges. Otherwise it does perfectly fine.

Has someone experience in installing those power plugs? Any advise is welcome.

Eelke

Message 17/34             20-Apr-00  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

!!Roberts yer mothers brother!! no way dude...u freak me out when u talk like that.. but thanks for the update, thats a brilliant feature... the MPC just gets better and better the more I play with it, I was high as a kite the other weekend and I had a blast jumping through MPC land! I had a real conversation with it and everything; it asked me questions I answerd, I'd walley-hop through some menues and meet a nother question it was soo kool, then I relised it was just a overgrown mouse with a sequencing program inside,... yhea it was a blast, ...

Message 18/34             21-Apr-00  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

I Think that my electronic equipoment has personality just as a guitar or a "real" instrument does...

Like my JP8080 is like a hmmm say a Saturn auto when they first came out. Everyone was like "wow...this is new...this is cool...groovy" at first...

Then they noticed that it's still a crappy american car and it sure does have a lot of plastic...

And now I'm coaxing sounds out of it again... "come on, feedback oscillator...I know you can do it baby...supersaw can't, supersaw always fucking disappoints, but you can do it baby, I just need to tap up the harmonics SLOWLY and get that bandpass filter right...oh yeah baby..."

and the stupid 4-banger helps me pass a carload of whitetrash in a Camaro on the motorway and I'm all happy...yeah, maybe this stupid thing isn't all bad...

(I don't actually drive a Saturn...YUCK...I have an even shittier american car...next time i'm all about Honda baby)

Sorry...tooo many Beck's ...

America's favorite German beer....
or is that St. Pauli Girl's ?

Message 19/34             21-Apr-00  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

I take it an extra-strong batch of acid has just hit North America then eh lads? Becks? Damn, u must b on acid  

Message 20/34             23-Apr-00  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

HEY! I`ve just had my very first "crazy text"   I feel like a proper MPCer now ;-)

Message 21/34             24-Apr-00  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

its the easter bunny man.. hoping allover the place giving acid to every child around .. I tell ya, sombody should sloughter that rabbit "in public (just when u thought it couln't get any cruler  , ,.. but first we have to find out where he keeps thouse damm pops...

back on earth: R-tek u don't know how good it makes the rest of us feel that u finally got an error in the MPC, hehe.. but I'm curius r u running ver.1.11 as this bug was fixed in 1.10..?

Message 22/34             09-May-00  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

i just had this numberic lcd bug pop up today, this is after os 1.1 !!! I lost some wild chops .. what gives it, seams like a randome thing.. well one lock-up per month is alright, I was used to 4-5 a week with my other sampler..

Message 23/34             11-May-00  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

I was running 1.11 when it locked up too   I`m on 1.07 right now just so I can do sysex from me emu.

Message 24/34             12-May-00  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

compleatly off topic: but I came across a akai zone with chatrooms for all akai sampler but I can't find it again (my mighty internet skills fail me agian ha!).. so will someone b so kind to post the link to that page please. thx

Message 25/34             13-May-00  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

Thats prolly what yer talking about, its a bit quiet tho   drummachine.com also has a forum 4 every bloody drummachine u can think of including mpc60,mpc3000,mpc300le(!!!!),Mpc2000 and MPC2000xl but that place is even quieter  

Message 26/34             13-May-00  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

Doh!

Message 27/34             13-May-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

he he. I`ve just ordered a micro1 afterall       How versatile is it tho Druma? I mean, cannit do soft+sublime along with the traditional waldorf jabber? Ah fuckit, it dont really matter cos all Waldorfs kick arse.

Message 28/34             13-May-00  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

ohh dude u r picking up mw 1 heh couln't resist hehe.., its a top notch synth man, top built quality, and it can do everything from crystal clear stabs, lush strings, moeving pads, dark, hard, thin, funky twisted experimental whatever, doesn't do a great job at the tipical acustic (pioanos ect) but it can make a unice MW piano/harp/guitar melt which do make out for some great leads if used right, it has 64 basic sounds (basic meaning no fx or arp), its all about how good it sounds, I did a bassline the otherday that made my track jump into oldskool sub terrotory and with a twist of a cutoff and reso I had a blasting hard techno TB'ish sound that makes the tb look like a icecream cone   (*no offance to tb fans, I have atmost respect for the silver box), but what I'm tring to say is that it sounds phooking awsome! I thought my EA sounded good, but the mw puts it to shame everytime,.. but a MW 1 without software editor or hardware controller will b a real bitch to edit, u r used to the matrix system (from your pulse) so it might not b that bad but imo u should look up some HW controllers, I know a dude that has a few access mw programmers in stock but they r rather expensif, a control freak has some syex patches for it and u could use it to controle the mixer in the mpc, drop me a line if u r intrested or if u need any info or help I'll b glad to help out, make sure its at os 2.0 and has all manuals as its an extreamly deep machine... ta

Message 29/34             14-May-00  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

thanks, I`m getting real excited now   Dunno what OS its runing tho  I cant find fuckall info about it anywhere bar vintagesynth who always get things wrong anyway - they said it has hipass and bandpass, but thats bull right? Only lo? No controller either, I need 2 get one big-time now cos the matrix on the pulse sux anyway..........and my Alphajuno alpha wheel..........and my tx81zs menus   I`m collecting synths with shite interfaces. If I need any help I`ll give a holler buddy, cheers.

Message 30/34             15-May-00  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

danrek

Im getting one of these MPCxl puppies. What O.S. is the latest and what expansion's would you guy's recommend and lastly can someone explain a set up on how to burn finished samples to CDr's . Great site!

Thanx

Message 31/34             15-May-00  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

first of all, max out the memory methinks. And then, if you`re using a mixing desk (and so u should) get the 8 output expansion so u can eq yer individual sounds + add compression/outboard efx. The efx card is ok and its felxible as hell, but I`d recommend demoing it b4 splashing out. Current OS is 1.11.

Message 32/34             19-May-00  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: thanx r-tek

danrek98

I was recommended the MackieMS 1202-VLZ mixer.The best bang for the buck but i will most definitely max out the memo. I was planning on getting the triton but i've decided to get the mpc+ possibly the korgN364 or xp30. What do you guy's think?

Message 33/34             22-May-00  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

i just came from trying to controle my uWave with the mpc fader... i thought one could asign cc to the fader to controle external gear but u can't!!! boooommmer... the control nr. in the assign window is used for selecting a cc. number to controle the fadre from an external controler/sequencer ..like say if u want to hyper draw the fader movement in logic cubase ect.. prehpas we should gather a wish list for the mpcxl hmm..

Message 34/34             28-May-00  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

not so lucky

Here's a funny story It Took me 4,that was no typo,to get one that would even start up out of the box.I'm almost positive the first 2 were just OS related but the third wouldn't play on the top 4 pads.Well number 4 works good but they stuck me w/ the floor model after telling me they would order another for me.I had a crap computer then and i just didn't know although I should have(I've got one of those damn S5000s also,NO PORTAMENTO,NO MONO MODE,NO HOPE.)THE STORE I BOUGHT MY GEAR FROM IS MARS CORPORATE ASSHOLE NATIONAL CHAIN.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GET PAID FOR ALL THIS BETA TESTING I'M DOING FOR AKAI.Maybe they should take some of the millions of dollars they spend on fielding that Formula 1 racecar and hire some software engineers who don't push incomplete instruments on an unsuspecting public
Cheers;)

Viewing all 34 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)