aaa I need I sampler.. HELP - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: I need I sampler.. HELP

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             17-Apr-00  @  12:29 AM   -   I need I sampler.. HELP

csst

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm doing an industrial metal project along the lines of Strapping Young Lad or Fear Factory. Up until now, I've been doing everything on the PC with my synths and syncing up ACID for drum loops. Now we're getting ready to take the show out on the road. We're using a real drummer, but we still have drum loops for breakdowns and shit. What i need is a cheap sampler to use just for drum loops and one shot noises and stuff. I have looked at the Akai S2000 and I can get an S2800 from a friend if I want it, but I've even looked at the tiny little Boss SP202. Any suggestions as to what would be best suited for my needs? I need to stay under the $1000 range.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             17-Apr-00  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

Rzo

My only suggestion is DO NOT buy an SP-202. I had one when I was 16 ,right when they came out. It is a very crude and ineffective sampler, its not easy to make a drumloop match your tempo. I bought it thinking I could run sampled drumloops with my MC-505. Well I did actually, but I sold it as soon as I found out what a proper rackmount sampler is capable of. Save your money and get the Akai.

Message 3/10             17-Apr-00  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

csst

Ok, I can get the S2800 from a friend maxed out for 700$. Is that about the going rate for one? It's in immaculate condition, so I think it's reasonable, but like I said, I've only ever bought synths, I've never even looked at hardware samplers.

Message 4/10             17-Apr-00  @  07:18 AM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

r-tek

yeah, dont get the boss - you`ll thankRzo 4 the advice. The 2800 is showing its age now, I think it has efx onboard, but will only accept proprietry (sp?) memory boards (V. expensive   ) and is missing other features. 4 your uses describes up there, then maybe an Akai3k would b more fitting, and at least outhere in Blighty, getting very cheap 2nd hand. Course I prefer Emus, but the Akai3k will do a damn fine job  

Message 5/10             21-Apr-00  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

V

If ya get the akai or any samp for that matter, ensure it has At Least 10meg.

R,

V

Message 6/10             21-Apr-00  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

csst

Thanks a lot guys, I think I'm going with the S2800. Later on down the road when I get more time to work on a studio project, I'm going to purchase a high end S5000 or something like that and use it much more. For now, the s2800 is gonna be fine. Thanks again, you guys rule!

Message 7/10             14-May-00  @  09:36 AM   -   you do need a sampler

rs09

Yes youre right you do need a sampler, there the only instrument you need.

first off dont go down the akai road.
they are not the best samplers in the world. Go for a yamaha or emu
if you can stretch it get the A4000
this is a beast for the money!
3 effects blocks 64poly 20 filter types
and the output card only costs £119

Message 8/10             27-May-00  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

damaged69

Zoom just recently put out a phraze sampler called the sp-202 (i think). It's really good in the sence that it's extremely cost effective (i got mine for about $200), you can easly match up tempo's, edit phrases precisely and easily, and even add effects to them. I use it along with my sequencer, and I'm deriving a lot of pleasure out of it.
Check one out.
I think that since sampling is not the highlight of your music, and all you really want to do is loop some beats, why not give a shot to something like the Zoom?

Message 9/10             02-Jun-00  @  08:42 AM   -   AKAI S2000

Andreas Chatzakis

Get an akai S2000. It is cheap and it will do what you need + it will expand with your needs with its expansion boards.
Dont get a phrase sampler unless you are in a very tight budget with no more monay on the horizon. Phrase samplers are cool for live performance and djs but they suck in the studio where you want many outputs, scsi conection , good midi support etc

Message 10/10             02-Jun-00  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: I need I sampler.. HELP

use this

Get the S3000xl,it's made in japan instead of china(more reliable)It's all the sampler you'll ever need.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)