aaa Integrating S2000 into my system? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Integrating S2000 into my system?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-May-00  @  08:11 AM   -   Integrating S2000 into my system?

anthonyboulton

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am new to sampling and I will probably buy a Akai S2000 for starters.
However i am confused as to how to integrate it into my existing sequencing set-up: iMac running Logic & Cubase, Alwesis QS6. Thats it.

Because I obviously don't have SCSI I want to use an old Quadra 800 Mac, linked via SCSI to the Akai, for storage & editing (MESA), and the Akai linked via MIDI to the iMac for sequencing.

Can someone please confirm if this is the right way to do this, and if you think it will work?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             09-May-00  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Integrating S2000 into my system?

Jasper

is there a right way?

it should work btw.

Message 3/5             09-May-00  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: Integrating S2000 into my system?

99devils

You can do it this way.

You can also forego the SCSI Mac and subect yourself to the tortures of the front panel (it's no all that bad, BTW). As far as storage goes, get yourself a used SCSI zip drive from E-bay for about $40, and you're in business.

-Craig

Message 4/5             11-May-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Integrating S2000 into my system?

k

i'd add, that you'll need to get a mixer, you can also run all your recordings to the Logic machine for recording to audio tracks, you can route audio parts out of that pc into the mixer to add to the mix, and for all your editing stereo stuff you might do on that pc as well... if you grab one of the other available mixer L/R or stereo outs or even two aux sends outs, you can run those over to the sampler record IN/s (you only need Left for mono samples - so one aux-send would be perfect) - that way, any sound running down any mixer channel can be instantly available at the sampler record inputs by just tweaking up the Aux-send on that mixer channel to send some of the sound out to the sampler which is already wired in ready to go....

you can play stuff out the PC soundcard L/R... down a mixer channel pair,

turn up the Aux-send_1 on the L_PC_Out mixer channel

turn up Aux-send_2 on the R_PC_Out mixer channel

this will send some of pc_out_Left to sampler In_Left,.... and some of PC_out_Right to sampler IN_Right

all you need is to have the two leads wired over to the sampler L/R In, from aux-send_1 master Out & Aux_send_2 master out....

same goes for any other channel you want to record... just use ONE aux-send to send a MONO send for a mono sample -

(in some cases/samplers, you'll have to remove the cable plug from the Right sampler In socket to enable L_Input only mono sampling)

anyways, makes for fast working... there's more shit like that in the MIXER section on this site

Message 5/5             11-May-00  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: Integrating S2000 into my system?

k

also, at the next option, go for seperate outs on the sampler... you CANNOT beat a drum & bass line mix on seperate outs to get the track foundation solid...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)