aaa Samplers for techno - drums/construction - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Samplers for techno - drums/construction

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             15-May-00  @  09:56 PM   -   Samplers for techno - drums/construction

dobyrush

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Have a few synths, a Mac, Cubase, all of which I can operate with medium skill. I need a drum source; been looking around and always see Get A Sampler instead.. but I've never used one. Need some basic info on the hows & whys. Trying to keep it relatively simple for now - interested in making tracky/loopy techno -- Samuel Sessions, User/Invasion series, etc. Later on Beyer/'Sweden', Advent, etc. Would love to hear from ppl doing this kind of thing on how the sampler is used (esp for drums), where to get the best sounds, where to start! Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-May-00  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Samplers for techno - drums/construction

max coombe

any sampler will do. a sampler can obviously play any sound you put into it (that's the theory anyway), so you'll never run out of uses for it. i use my old unexpanded s3000 as a drum machine, while i keep my s3000xl for loops and musical stuff...

BUT hardware samplers aren't cheap...if all you want is drums the cheap alternative is to go and buy rebirth, which contains an 808 and a 909 and is really all you need for making drum sounds for techno related music. even if you do ultimately use your sampler to trigger them, it's a great source for the sounds. (check www.propellerheads.se).

alternatively, most music tech magazines have covermount CDs with useful samples, there are also numerous web sites with sounds(type "drums wav" into most search engines and you're bound to come up with many options). or, although obviously i would never do this - ;) - sample your record/cd collection for that perfect drum sound.

Message 3/3             16-May-00  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: Samplers for techno - drums/construction

Andreas Chatzakis

Any sampler will do.Just avoid phrase samplers or dj samplers.The least you can get away is a Akai S2000.It is the cheapest "studio" sampler you can get.It will cover most of your needs though and it is expandable with extra outs,an FX board, a second filter board,flash memory and more Ram.If you have more money go for a Yamaha A3000.If not the Akai S2000 will do fine.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)