aaa MPCxL wish list - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPCxL wish list

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             22-May-00  @  02:57 PM   -   MPCxL wish list

Druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

xpress your thought on how the MPCxL can b improved with future OS,

personaly I'd like to c

*fader actif in midi tracks (asignable cc)
*fader actif in mixer, (hold down shift and change the volume. pan & fx send with the fader!
*selectable tempo grid (4th 8th 16th resuloution) in trim window (like on the trinton or recycle wavesurgeon ect..
*normilize!
*autozerocross or loop crossfade

there's more I just don't have time right know, so just add to the list at will, but keep it realistic..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             22-May-00  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

*recording of mutes ( and the ability to erase all muted parts of tracks (convinient for the final midi file)
*ability to solo more than one track (group solo)
*more sample programing tools like HP BP Lfo's ..but I don't think thats likely as that would directly compete with the S2000 and the upcoming MPc5ooo.
* pitch envelope would b cool or the ability to route the pitch to one of the two envelopes
* selectable cc fade ins/outs (just pick a range by beat/bar set the curve and cc and prosess)

I have more just can't remeber.. anway I enjoy it like it is and what it can do and I'm not praying on these features 2 b added but I do think the xl can b much more.

Message 3/28             23-May-00  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

boy oh boy is everyone exited about this thread or what!!   ,. ..
but hey I'm cool with it, I like having my very own thread  

another thing, *add a function (like on the rm1x) splitt drum track into seperate tracks and merge tracks into one track

I know this is can b done by copying and erasing tracks, but it takes a while especially if u have that loop choped up on 10 tracks like I usually end up doing (its esyer to deal with the data that way), but in the end I'd like to merge thouse 10 tracks into 3 prehaps,.. I know I know I'm lazy, and havinng 64 tracks isn't helping ;)..

Message 4/28             23-May-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

ahhh.. its nice to just kick back in my own thread and enjoy the fresh air , what should I do? hmm.. I could practice my spelling .. not a bad idea ... no wait that will b boring as hell!!.. I wish DT would have colors to mess with, but what I really need is a sofa and some playboys.. err.. I don't really know why I'm typing this heh.. WEll what the phock would u do if u had your very own thread!!! and its not like u really have one is it, HA!, so just get out! yhea I'm pist, and u better not mess with me when I'm pist cos I can send u mail viruses.. and I will, I swear, ..honest.. I will.. ..

well wasn't that just a jolly good selfish speaking ego exersize.. yup I'm as happy. and that's all that matters in my own thread!

Message 5/28             24-May-00  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

another cool feature would b *revers midi data, so u could say have a brake which plays the bassline or cc or whatever back-wards ect.. am I getting too picky?..nahh..

Message 6/28             05-Jun-00  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

mpc dudes, did u know u can b in trim mode durning sequence playback when the mpc is synced to recive external midi clock!!!!

can anyone explain why we can't have that when the mpc is master (I'd think most users use it that way), don't tell me its prosessing power.. cos that would b real amaturish for them pros at akai.. anway if it possible this should b added to this hot thread as one more improvment for this woderful music box...

Message 7/28             09-Jun-00  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

shit, I`ve got loads   Hers a few while I remember the rest: the ability to assign the note variation slider 2 velocity,,,, assign the slider to all notes so u can get a pseudo-filter sweep effect,,,,some sort of feature where u can select a bar and it`ll give u the exact point at where all the beats fall withink that so u can track down and correct rogue notes easier,,,,ummmmmm.......digital eq would b nice...........I`ll b back anyway  

Message 8/28             12-Jun-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

moose

MPC5000?? What will it be able to do?

Moose.

Message 9/28             13-Jun-00  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

hello fellow beatmakers and welkome to the mighty kigndom of Druma (I dunno why I keep pushing this thread joke.. actually its so not funny that its actually funny  .. but anyway: R-tek massif tips velocty to fader is a must!! the assigning all samples to fader would b bad ass.. but I don't know what u mean by: feature where u can select a bar and it`ll give u the exact point at where all the beats fall?? ohhh and btw how about a VA synth to go along with the eq !^)

Message 10/28             14-Jun-00  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

ummm...what I mean is like, say u play in 4 bars live with quantize off and it sound great bar 2 dodgy notes in the 3rd bar. Now sorting that in the MPC requires u 2 either go into the shift-swing screen, punch in the rough area at which the beats falls and then guessing how many ticks it need 2 b shifted till it sounds right or u can just go into step edit, put quantise on 16, locate the rough area where the shite notes r and then turn quantise off, scroll thru till u find it and then copy,delete and then paste where u think it neeeds 2 b 2 sound correct.

So what I`m saying is, say instead I can go into a page, select the 3rd bar and then the MPC tells me numerically exactly where each hit lands (eg 003.01.00/ 003.01.88.....yada yada yada. Then I can just highlight the beat I need 2 sort with the cursor, press open window and it takes me automtically 2 that hit in the step edit screen. I`d find it a big help anyway, I guess I`m just being picky cos almost everything else on this box is so quick and easy 2 do.

Message 11/28             15-Jun-00  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

masada_

what about this mpc5000 ,where did u hear of that from?????

Message 12/28             15-Jun-00  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

its a logical step in the mpc production line. I'm just guessing 5 or 6k cos thats' how their cycle is moveing..

Message 13/28             16-Jun-00  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

I`ve just had a thought - u dont need 2 assign the note slider 2 velocity - just geddit 2 record mix changes and then do it from the mixer   Shame u cant assign the slider 2 do the fader movements in the mixer then cos the wheel aint as precise or nice feeling, plus I like 2 assign a slight velocity=====>filter and velocity========>pitch 2 give the drums more feel - guess I`ll havta do that afterwards with the slider.

Message 14/28             19-Jun-00  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

webmaster

Link?: Link

i wish my mpc had tits and ass,i would
have been married already..with some
baby .snd files running around the house
tearing shit

Message 15/28             20-Jun-00  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

H

Yo,in the world of sampling beat machinez they're pretty few and far between I mean how many since 86?SP12,SP1200,Linn9000,Almost another Linn,Then came the MPC 60,60mkII,3000,2000,2000xl,And the dumbass ASR-x&pro.That's not alot compared to synths,samplers,And other drum machinez.That's not very many for 14 yrs of evolution.So don't hold your breath on that 5000 the XL is it for a while I'm sure.

Message 16/28             08-Jul-00  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

gruvhard

i love the mpc seq i hate it as a sampler. i wish that akai would make a mpc only sequencer kind of like a super mmt-8 i like being able to mute and unmute multiple tracks at the same time
does any one know of another seq that does that besides the mmt8 i need more than 8 tracks and i don';t want to have 4 of them.

Message 17/28             15-Jul-00  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

pali__gap

How about a decent manual?

Also add the scsi support for recycle/MESA and Milleniun etc? Now that has GOT to be essential!

Akai it can NOT be too hard you have already coded it for several samplers with VERY similar hardware?

Cheers
Pali Gap

Message 18/28             18-Jul-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

b-psycho

1. Effects should come STANDARD!!!
2. REAL re-sampling (with effects), not just the bit-rate thing.
3. User-adjustable sample input bit-rate, so you won't have to wait for it to resample if you want the sample in lo-fi to begin with. That way, if you wanted to sample all of your drums in 8-bit you could.

Message 19/28             26-Jul-00  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

elson

Link?: Link

Ahhhh, I just got my MPC2000XL Studio Plus yesterday, and spent all night rockin the box...

My wishes so far:

* HOLD BUTTON: Assign one of the left panel buttons to be a "HOLD" button that can play a sample (set to "Note off" envelope) to play indefinitely. The Roland SP-808 has this. Sometimes I just wanna hear a loop without sequencing the damn thing.

* HAVE THE ASSIGN KNOB also control sample volume.

* HAVE THE 'PLAY START' BUTTON be able to work repeatedly (On my ASR-10, I like "stuttering" a sequence by playing the sequence start button in time with the music, I'm pissed that the MPC can't do this).

And for those of you with the Sampleverb...

* TEMPO-BASED DELAYS!!!

* SWEEPABLE Resonant Filter effect!

Message 20/28             27-Jul-00  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

ummm.....we`ve already covered most of them but what do you mean by the hold button? You can loop up a sound and have it play indefinately without sequencing it.

Message 21/28             31-Jul-00  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

:||CHAMBER||:

About the hold button. I don't yet own an MPC, but I've got the SP-808 and it just has this button that you push while your hitting one of the pads and it will instantly loop the sample. I wouldn't assume that getting a sample to loop on the MPC would be that big of a deal though. The Hold button is nice to have but nothing I wouldn't be able to live without.

Message 22/28             02-Aug-00  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

the mpc loops stuff up like any normal sampler - set loop on, set the loop points and then hold down the pad and it`ll loop without being sequenced.

Message 23/28             12-Aug-00  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

druma

TIP: hold down note repeat press shift (to make the repeat button sustain, and while holding down a pad set qunatize to off and the pad will sutain forever !!

Message 24/28             15-Aug-00  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Rockstar

Tek - interesting methods...how about letting the sequence run in record mode and just erasing the errant note in one pass, and then adding it where you think it should fall in the next pass(with or without quantization on)...you could also audition where you're gonna put it by turning record on and off - all without stopping the sequence...sometimes I'll put a beat together with kicks all on one track, hats on another and snare on a third, so I can tighten shit up easily...putting it back together is pretty easy and quick..

also, file under general tips: I just found out you can assign the metronome click to any of the individual outs - use open window on count and change there...

Message 25/28             15-Aug-00  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

hehe, good idea, I should`ve thought of that. I knew about the metronome thing tho so I`m not totally dim.

They really need to fix the bug in stepedit where the decay, filter blah blah blah seem to have a life of their own when you dial thru them tho - once the decay cuts itself back to 64 or whatever it is, even if you put it back to 100, it still only plays the beat back with the shorter decay   I`m seriously fucked off about that.

Message 26/28             16-Aug-00  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Rockstar

You're using 1.72 and still getting the decay thing? That shit drove me absolutely nuts! I actually sent my machine to Akai cause I couldn't take it anymore,(nothing more limp than a kick with a -64 decay on it...) they sent it back saying they couldn't reproduce the problem and then three weeks later released 1.72 that supposedly fixed the bug. Honestly though I've not encountered it again though...I was getting it when saving a midi file and reopening it, and I don't do much tweaking with those paramaters in step (not yet at least) so...this happens to you "live"? in other words before you do any saving? It only happened to me after closing and reopening a midi file (the unofficial workaround was to save the midi file as an .all file - which worked, but also ate up disk space...) shitty...

Message 27/28             16-Aug-00  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

well, I`m using an xl with 1.10 and I feel like crying sometimes   And yup, it happens live. Its really doing my head in, but at least they sorted it with the 2 so theres hope yet. I really wish that it wasn`t akai that makes these things you know, I worship the ground the mpc walks on (well, lies on, you know what I mean) but its just so fucking frustrating.

Time to write an email to akai methinks, they`ll prolly just delete it without even reading what I`ve got to say, but it`ll make me feel a whole lot better.

Message 28/28             16-Aug-00  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Rockstar

ohh ooops, shoulda payed attention to the title of the thread huh...

ok the xl, well then I would imagine they're gonna address it in the next os update... as much as they take their time on shit, it seems like they do eventually get around to things...the 2000 is now pretty much bug and crash free, and I work this shit to death, I've got all four midi ports hooked up, two for a synth, the other two for midi machine control on my recorder (this is fucking great, I can scrub on the mpc and the recorder follows to the sample, makes it easy as shit to tailor a beat from the mpc to a vocal on the recorder), and it's pretty much flawless now...

meanwhile they're like 6 months late on the s5000/6000 os update......

they should include meditation prayers with their new products....

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)