aaa MPC2000XL just as a drum machine? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             12-Jul-00  @  12:47 PM   -   MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

micka30

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am in desperate need of good drum sounds and I was thinking of the MPC2000XL to use juat as a drum machine. I like to serquence in cubase. Is this a good idea or am I nuts???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             14-Jul-00  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

ghurd

go for it. that's one of the reasons for its existence!! it's an awesome sequencer, a fabulous drum machine, and a so-so sampler. pick and choose it's hats.

Message 3/10             15-Jul-00  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

12bit

You can write the drum patterns created with the MPC as .mid -files on PC-disks...
Personally, I think the seq rules... But it's got a few limitations as every seq...

Message 4/10             17-Jul-00  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

r-tek

yeah, but the MPCs real star quality lies in the ability to mess with the tuning, attack, decay and filtering in the stepedit window so if you pass the midi file over to the PC, you lose it all. Maybe if you sync it to the pc, then you wont lose that, if you`re still interested I`ll lay donw some drums in me MPC and sync it to the pc to see what happens when I`ve got some sparetime.

Message 5/10             18-Jul-00  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

12bit

Haven't got into that... You use the slider, right?
Do you have some downloadable music where I can hear the this kind of twiddling?

Message 6/10             18-Jul-00  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

r-tek

you can use the sampler to frak it realtime, or you can just do it from the steptime window. Press the step softkey from the mainscreen and next to the note number, you`ll see the Tun (tuning) parameter - just highlight it and you can scroll thru decay attack and filter - theres a bug tho (surprise), scrolling thru them changes the settings without you even touching them so you havta set them back where you wanted them   Oh, and once it messes with the decay, even if you set it back to 100 maximum, it dont go all the way back to where it was - you havta delete the note and then re-enter it if you want the sound with its full decay   It sucks, I know, but hey! We all bought akais now we gotta deal with it.

Message 7/10             19-Jul-00  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

12bit

Hehe. Okey. I'll check that out. Thanx! =)

Message 8/10             25-Jul-00  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I'm seriosly planning on buying one this month aswell as I'm still using internal sequencers on my synths and drum machines and I *still* have no sampler.Is the sampler also well equipt for vocal samples and phrases or is it mainly a sampler for drums?

-M-

Message 9/10             25-Jul-00  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Oh, forgot to ask , I wanna do some audio recording with my SH-101 and TB-303 , are these reasonable requests for the MPCXL?

thanks,
-M-

Message 10/10             30-Jul-00  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL just as a drum machine?

12bit

Yup, the MPC 'll do phrases just fine.. Sample SH-101 'n' TB-303 phrases..? No prob's... Donno 'bout the MIDI-sync-shit while sampling though....

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)