aaa MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Jul-00  @  02:36 PM   -   MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

pali__gap

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why don't akai sort out the SCSI support on the MPC2000XL for MESA/RECYLCE/MILLENIUM? It can NOT be that hard as they have already coded this on VERY similar hardware already?

Come on AKAI sort it out! The MPC will rule even more.

Its a COMPLETE feature set to a product that makes it stand out from the comp.

How do we request new features at AKAI??

Cheers

Pali Gap

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             16-Jul-00  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

12bit

I sure would like the directory support af the MPC2000XL on my MPC2000.. To keep the shit seperated... Dammit...

I talked to a guy who claims he set up a SCSI drive to wich he connected both his PC and his MPC2000 so that he could manipulate samples in SoundForge, save 'em down on the SCSI drive and the load 'em up in the MPC.... Donno if it works though, or if it helps you, but there you have it..

Cheers.

Message 3/7             16-Jul-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

pali__gap

Yeah, thats what I do: I have an iomega zip 250 scsi external between the pc and the mpc2000xl. The only thing to watch is that both the pc and mpc2kxl are scsi INITIATORS i.e. they control they zip drive. You have to be careful not to have the pc and mpc accessing the zip at the same time or the zip disk DIES!

Also the contents of the zip disk when changed by the pc are NOT registered by the mpc and vice versa. You have to eject and then re insert the disk.

It works fine but is a pain. Also there is the risk you can destroy all the data by accessing at the same time.

Thats why I want AKAI to sort the O/S out for scsi transfer eg recycle.

Hope this helps (it works on all the AKAI range). Also I can read and record to my plextor 12/4/32scsi internal cd writer from my MPC. Using this setup with an Adaptec controller in the PC. It rules!

Cheers
Pali Gap

Message 4/7             17-Jul-00  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

12bit

Ok. This is very helpful information to keep in mind! =)
I'm about to set up an EZ-flyer between my PC and MPC2000..
After what I heard, if you partionate (?) a drive with the MPC (4 partions or something), and then try accessing it with the PC, you destroy all partions but one, leaving the data on the other three partions unaccessable by the MPC.
..Seams like a good idea to carefully do backups on everything important..

I think I'll use one disk for wav-transfers and another disk for saving my snd:s/programs/songs

Don't have any SCSI-cd-writer nor SCSI-cd-reader, but it seams way cool! =)

Message 5/7             17-Jul-00  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

pali__gap

Yeah, you will loose partitions. From what I can work out the problem lies with Windows trying to be too clever for its own good and in the process screwing up the disk. The MPC2000xl seems to follow all the 'protocols' (i.e. it is fully ASPI compliant) correctly but its Microsoft F-ing everything up AGAIN!!!

I 'get round' this by never using partitions on my zip250 drive. With the directories on the MPC2000xl its no problem but the last mpc2000 I had with the then latest o/s did not support directories.

I think AKAI need to go the extra mile and sort out 'correct' scsi transfer support (and directories on the mpc2000) to combat the idiot that is Microsoft.

The other thing that really gets on my nerve is Microsost putting device limits on devices all the time: Win 95 only 11 midi devices, although 'fixed' in 98. Then along comes Win2000 Pro with a new low level driver type, which seemed like good news for latency. WRONG! They did it again, by putting a stupid device limit on the number of input/outputs.

What is wrong with them? Its two forward one back all the time....

Cheers and sorry for the moan.

Pali Gap

Message 6/7             17-Jul-00  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

r-tek

grab a copy of mpc file creator from.....err....somewhere, the link is in the mpc2000 review at sonicstate - it lets you save recycle files as samplecell files or summing which you can then load up in the MPC. Aw hell, I dunno, I dotn use it meself but apparently it works.

Message 7/7             18-Jul-00  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: MPC2000XL SCSI support MESA/RECYCLE/MILLENIUM

12bit

Also seen that prog, but the problem is the way of handling SCSI, not the save-format shit, right?

Pali Gap - well spoken, mate. =)

Not implementing directories whilst using PC-format, on MPC2000, seams like endless stupidity to me. =/

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)