aaa Program changes on the MPC2K - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Program changes on the MPC2K

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             14-Sep-00  @  09:38 AM   -   Program changes on the MPC2K

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

So this is my first question regarding the MPC that I can't seem to work out by myself.
Picture this : I'm sequencing my EA-1 on the MPC and want to submit program changes. When I turn the dial I see my EA-1's programs change starting from A.01. So I'm turning and turning, cause I wanna use patch C.42 and the MPC stops at program 128 , which is B.64 on the Korg..... Now in a live situation I would need to remember to switch to the correct program manually. Writing this makes me realise that it's pure a luxury problem but if I'm doing something wrong I'd like to know what it is.
Thanks for any taken effort.

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             14-Sep-00  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Program changes on the MPC2K

fv

Link?:  No link

Hi Maarten,

I'm unfamiliar with the EA-1. However, I'm sure that it would respond to bank select messages (using controllers for MSB and LSB). You need to find out what those are and put them into your sequence ahead of the program change. This is how you access different banks of programs.

From your post it looks like the EA-1 has banks which each hold 64 programs. If you want to use patch C42, you'll need to use the correct Bank Select CC message to switch to Bank C and then a program change for 42. You can even do this for bank B so that you can assign the right number rather than having to figure where B23 falls within the 65-128 program change range.

HTH,
fv

Message 3/4             14-Sep-00  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Program changes on the MPC2K

r-tek

Link?:  No link

yup, Fernandos on point there. Maarten, instead of inserting the program change message, instead choose "control change" from the insert list in the mpc step mode and then set the bank number you wish to change to, which in your case will be 2 (I think). Then insert the program change message and everythings all sweeteness and light again in the world of the mpc   Scroll through all the different stuff you can insert anyway, its pretty damn comprehensive - theres even an NRPN and RPN option which I dunno what it does cos I dont have any machine that respond to em, but the er1 does right? Anyways, you`re just going through the exact same thing I did when I made the switch - flapping a bit cos you think it cant do everything you want it to do. It does, trust me.

Message 4/4             15-Sep-00  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Program changes on the MPC2K

Maarten

Link?:  Link

coolcoolcool!

Thank you. -M-

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)