aaa SE-1? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SE-1?

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33             20-Oct-00  @  09:53 PM   -   SE-1?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

has anyone seen a picture of these new limited-edition MPC2Ks? I have been thinking of picking one up and if its not butt-ugly than the SE1 might be my choice... not even akai's website has it there, but it was intro'd at AES...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/33             21-Oct-00  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

paint job............makes it sound
better...........

Message 3/33             23-Oct-00  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

no, its not that, i just dont like things in the plain old drab grey or black. in my studio i use things that both look good and function well, like presonus mic pre's....

Message 4/33             23-Oct-00  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

I just hope this means: a major OS upgrade for the MPC, (that way the promotion looks better, new package w/ new featues ect.. I guess this will all happen before xmas.. still hate the fact that the sampler doesn't have something as standard as a HP..urrr

Message 5/33             24-Oct-00  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

yeah, that does suck... for a machine of that price, you would think there would at least be the traditional 3; hp, lp, bp... but a 12db lowpass? how generic of generic can you get?

Message 6/33             24-Oct-00  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

It's not a sampler.It's a Midi Production Center w/ a drum sampler.Akai shit is not gray or black it's white and I use a finalizer96k for a/d conversion thank you.It's the only black thing in my studio.When I need MIC pres I rent an API lunchbox.I just ordered some Telefunken Line amps to warm things up a bit.I know i should stop using all this cheap gear.Damn I should sell my Broadcast DVCAM and get me one of those Hi 8 thingys.This damn $850 vocoder I got sounds just too much like a real vocoder oh it is a real vocoder.Not gloating guys just lettin Mr.presonus know some folks up here use nice gear too.Presonus stuff is Ugly and it's so consumer.I always buy my gear only if it looks good.I wouldn't want it to sound good or anything.I wouldn't want an SSL, cause it's black and I need a big Blue mIxer

-;) I guess I should sell my G4 and get an Atari(i actually wish I had an atari Falcon )

-;p

Message 7/33             24-Oct-00  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

damn I lied my 777 is black but it's got wood sides so fuck it.

-;) presonus mic pres give me a break....

Message 8/33             24-Oct-00  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

of corse its a drum sampler, we know its not a propper sampler, but comon :.. year 2000, mpc line has been in production since '86 and yet no advancements??? standar shit like hp would b great for hihats, bp nice for perc, lfo modulation on toms ect..I mean seriusly comon:, its a limeted sampler even for a drum sampler!!

Message 9/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

fuck off h, i just wanted pictures of the damn thing, because i'd like to have a piece of equipment that is good but doesnt look like every other bedroom rich kid's christmas toy, i like presonus mic pres because they DO sound nice and I dont have $3000 to blow on a mic pre, they're good value for the $$$ and they do look nice, which im willing to pay a little extra for, i asked a question, you had a smart answer, i explained my reasoning, you had a smart answer, well, thanks for the help, jackass.

Message 10/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

what no advancements come on have you ever seen a LINN 9000 That shit was $5k dude and akai kept Roger Linn busy after LINN folded.It's got individual outs available why don't you get a HPf w/ I/o and run 1 of those w/ your hihats on it.Look the thing is Hyper Advanced as far as i'm concerned and They have no plans to implement said features so if you have one get busy with it.If you don't get one or stop cryin about it.Because IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE A SAMPLER .Go look @ akaipro.com and you will see the MPC listed under phrase samplers if you want a sampler get an S series they are alot cheaper these dayz too.The fz board has eq.What are you talking about anyway with this high pass on the high hats for anyway.It's a sequencer and a drum sampler.It NOW has graphic waveform editing.all sorts of cool live features and shit.High Pass means High frequencies are allowed to go through if you're having trouble w/ your tone of your hats just use an equalizer.It blows anything else out there out of the water for it's intended purpose.If you need a whole bunch of filters get a sampler.Not trying to start mpc wars w/ someone who doesn't even own one so let's just drop it you think it's crap while the rest of the world can forge carreers around it.COOL W/ ME.Don't jump my shit if you feel like i'm jumping yours cause this is directed at the whole world not the last person who posted.I find a nice blend of MPC AND S SERIES covers all your bases sample wise that's all.and you can get a MPC2000XL AND one of the flagship 5/6000 series samplers for less than you could just get the MPC for about 5 yrs. ago.Just look at haow the machines have progressed since 86 and you will understand or maybe you won't but I had no beef w/ Akai other than the OS on the 5000 they fixed my gripes now so it's all good.But there really is no motivation for a company to release a product that competes w/ it's other products when Peeps like myself who use these things as tools and are serious will buy Both a MPC and a 5000 so they don't care and they would be stupid as a corporation to such nonsense as including a full fledged sampler on a SEQUENCER/DRUM MACHINE.seen.

sorry some asshole locally is creating tension for me and you were standing in my way.Nuff respect but buy less shoes/clothes and let your phone get cut off a few times so you can afford a complete kit.Move in your family just use what's available to you instead of pipe dreaming.later.

-;) If you feel you must flame me go ahead by the time I check this I'll be calm and just laugh at you guys but you have to look at the whole picture b4 you can see clearly.bye.

Message 11/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

you know, it already takes all of what ive got to afford the stuff i have... my phone has been cut off several times and I am the Ramen king, so please dont tell me that i should buy less clothes, im still wearing boots that have holes and are five years old and the last shirt i bought was at at a concert last december.
im not trying to start a flame war here either, its just i wanted to know if anybody had some picts of the se-1, because the way i figure it, if Im going to buy a piece that expensive, id be willing to spend a few extra bucks to get something that looks a little different than the rest. just dont give me shit because i use "consumer" equipment, okay? everybody's got a different preference, and not everybody has the cash to just rent out what they need when they need it.

Message 12/33             25-Oct-00  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

I'm still wearin the same pants i wear everyday( i wash em at my folks house and have a few pair of clearance bin shorts) and it's taken me over a decade and a half.I just stepped in dogshit w/ my only decent kix on and now it's gettin cold I'll be wearin socks and flip flops(I do that anyway)til i get the check on tuesday and I have eaten at least 3 cases of ramen and my fridge is broke my drier is broke it's turning cold here.i have a nice studio and a $200 set of speakers have been waiting to get this damn loan for a month and I've got 8 clients scheduled that I keep having to make excuses for until tuesday when i get the check and go out get some lights for my camcorder,a desk,a DAW and some speakers plus I gotta cut records and clear a sample or two,Move and change the oil in my jeep so don't cry to me.

-;0 besides click on that site within a site @akaipro.com MPC and 5000 are consumer gear,DD1500,DD8,now that's pro.I have my priorities.I chose to put up w/ a hick town for 14 mos. straight(free rent in my folks old house) so I could for once and all get this thing off the ground.seen.

Message 13/33             25-Oct-00  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

are you talkin bout the studio electronics se-1?if so it looks like a minimoog w/ an LED.in rack form.

-:0 External influences were keeping me from being calm so I busted some nutz sorry.

Did that help at all that time?

Just be/DIY(jus for you i man)

Message 14/33             25-Oct-00  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

Do you mean S01?I forgot you probably aren't askin about an analog over here.

-;) silly hank always off subject.

Message 15/33             25-Oct-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

Nut sack

You were the 1 comin in w/ the "in my studio i use things that both look and sound good"???????????

-;) You already fucked off but i'm hoping you pushed the notify thingy,If you really want to see a those whack ass let's copy the imac MPCs goto hrmony central.com and the pics are there i'm sure.Don't come w/ shit if you don't want to shat upon.seen.

Message 16/33             26-Oct-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

the mpc's sampler section is way dated!!, even for a prhase sampler or a drum sampler or whatever word we use to try to hide/justify the limitation of this sampler/wav.player, the point is we are in 2000! don't get me wrong I think the mpc is great and I do mad chops on it and I was fully aware of the fact that it only had a one Lp and 2x AD envl,. and I decided to live whith it! but that doesn't mean I can't come here and bitch about it and hope to see improvements cos if the only improovements akai have made r grapical waveform, un-mute/seq triggers from pads and tab tempo button in the last 14 years.. thats right >14< momafucking years they've had to improve on a great consept!) zo we better start pushing, the price drop has nothing to do whith akais free will to be good to us, its due the economical advancements in digital technolighy and price wars amoung synth/sampler corp on the market! I once read: we will never c a fully featured sampler/synt/seq cos no-one could sell any more stuff, and u r right its about money (most everything in business is) and they don't want to compeate w their own products, but one of these days someone is going to bring us a pro box that will be up to date, becouse punk ass bitches like me keep on demanding/improving on their consept, aren't u on our side ??? why are u picking up the glove for akai ?? we know its about the money but it doesn't mean we have to exept and/or can't make a stand/change as consumers.. so why the bs man..

Message 17/33             26-Oct-00  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

Call Akai man They Aint up here.I like and use akai gear and if my all in one box breaks down and has to go in for a 30 day service i'm fucked for 30 days.Look dude Your concept of an all in one box is selfish.My All in one box would be bigger than my car it would have to have all sorts of shit you couldn't use if you need all in one roland will probably give it a shot for you.My akai gear works great and an all in one box would bring prices back up.Actually the price drop is because prior mpcs were manufactured in japan 2000s are made in china.Shit man if they give us this all in one box the way i would need it some corporation couldn't come up w/ it for one thing.Here's the basics of my gear MPC2000XL Fully loaded,S5000 Bare stock,777,EA-1,Analogue Solutions Modular,Korg EA-1,Doepfer MS 404,Seekers Vocoder,and a Space ECHO,IbanezAD202,and Boss VF-1,and a Finalizer 96k .How the hell are you gonna put that, much less some CORPORATE ASSWIPES IN 1 BOX.I need 2 RACKS,3 gigbags,and Alot of standz for my shit and that doesn't include my mac.

Plus My camcorder wtf How many trees do you want them to cut down and how the fuck are you gonna ship it anyway.

Damn I don't care because I spent over a decade and a half piecing together the puzzle that made me happy and now you wanna come along and just put all that on a DSP chip.Nope.You know what though there isn't a piece in my studio I wanna get rid of and if something breaksdown I can get by while I have it fixed.I see you guyz up here tryin to sell every all in one box or virtual synth everytime the MkII or model B comes along the only thing I might sell is my Finalizer because I got TC software that pretty much does the same thing w/ my G4 chip.But the finalizer is digital most of my other shit aint.OK,OK

Our philosophies differ that's all.Why can't that be ok.The mpc will NEVER be a all in one box.I'm pretty good w/ mine and am very happy how it's turned out IT's Still an MPC yours wouldn't be.The MPC can be any rhythmic instrument you like and does alot more shit too.like sequence the rest of my shit and store my patterns and songs on a zip.You can assign the slider too almost any parameter until the 2000 it was just a hi hat decay.Akai makes MPCs Because peeps like MPCs.Should there just be one box w/ a billion parameters to get in the way of fluid creativity,I don't like spending all day tryin to find shit that's why i spread the load around my studio.I see where you're comin from but damn when I started A cdrom burner cost like $15,000 US and a 8 bit sampler w/ 8voices and a GREEN computer monitor w/ a 10 mb HD cost $30,000.

LIKE I SAID BITCH AT THE PEEPS WHO MAKE THE GEAR BUT I"M EXPRESSIN MYSELF JUST LIKE I WAN'T TO.PEACE.let's not get ill if i don't shave for 3 days peeps call me sir(27,28 in december.)I'm just glad technology got where it has before I've turned 40 fuck.It took long enough I'm sorry if you didn't get to see all the expensive stuff that was around but I'm MAKING MY OWN recordz,dvdz,and cdz w/ just a little duplication.I didn't even imagine that was possible until 5 yrs. ago or so and it was still too much then.

Let's take it down a notch or two Ok.

Message 18/33             26-Oct-00  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

one last thing

I told you to look at a LINN 9000 and then look at an MPC2000xl.The MPC is the offspring of the LINN.Even though Roger is now out.

IT'S an MPC silly,you know a beat machine.Maybe you need a drumulator and an oberheim prommer to help you see more clearly on how far sampling drum machines have come.

btw if anyone has a prommer or an SP1200 I'll buy it.

Message 19/33             26-Oct-00  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

hey nutsack, i was explaining why i wanted pictures of the se1, not trying to sound like a badass or puff daddy because of my statement about using cool looking useful tools, its just if im going to spend that much money id like it to at least look cool too (and i dont mean fancy paint, although that sometimes is a plus, like the Access Virus Indigo) but just a well thought out design and elegant look (like TC Fireworx, which I have one, hopefully getting a second one soon) Presonus stuff, while it I will agree isnt pro-level gear, is still quite nice and it looks good. you can clearly understand all the functions and its easy to read.

anyway, there are no pictures of the SE1 at harmonycentral. that's why i asked here if anybody knew where there were any.

Message 20/33             27-Oct-00  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

get a finalizer to go w/ your fireworks b4 you blow your fingerz off.

ballbuster

Message 21/33             27-Oct-00  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

WTF IS an SE-1

It aint no akai sampler as far as I can tell.And why are you so hung up on how your gear looks.Are you trying to impress girliez w/ it or what?

This is the akai sampler page but a company makes a sytnthesizer called an SE-1 Studio Electronics WTF?

Stop lookin at your gear and and explain about SE-1 please and I can probably help you find a GD picture so you can make a decision based on appearences.Don't you know that it takes 6 mos. from AES to see the shit in catalogs and then another 6 mos. before they deliver.now just tell me what it is you wan't to LOOK at.I have peeps at AKAI so if it's that then i'll email em and find you a damn jpg.But when I search for SE-1 I come up w/ Range Rover 4.0 SE and Nissan SE-R autos.WTF are you cryin about?I wanna argue bout MPC not look at pictures.

-;) Bastard be more fuckin specific!

Message 22/33             27-Oct-00  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

the SE-1 is a limited edition MPC2000XL with a different case. i wanted to see some pictures of it to see if the colors they used are stupid as hell or actually cool looking. i know its going to be a while before they're available, its just i want an mpc, i dont know if i should get a normal one or wait for the se1 if it actually looks decent. im just willing to pay a little extra for something that stands out, that's all.

BTW, H, a finalizer is already on my shopping list...  

Message 23/33             27-Oct-00  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

nobody

Link?: Link

they're out & they're ugly

Message 24/33             29-Oct-00  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

A lil Pecking

Yes they are very attractive so please buy one so you can look at it.The Finalizer is black you don't need that get something chrome so you can look at yourself whenever you feel insecure.

gobble gobble

They sound so much better than the white ones.

Message 25/33             30-Oct-00  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

pecked his eyes out

Somebody should.i for one have never bought a piece of gear thinking anything about the appearence unless it was ugly but if it sounds good who cares what it looks like.

-;) I think joe Meek are a good example Ugly but it grows on you after you use it and realize fuck I need some of that meek stuff myself.it won't match my shoes though so I don't think i want it.Fuck I'll buy new shoes cause even the cheap meek sounds brialliant.Thank you England.

Message 26/33             30-Oct-00  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

cs

your so vain, i'll bet you think this thread is just for you, dont you?

Message 27/33             30-Oct-00  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

jesus christ, they are ugly...

Message 28/33             31-Oct-00  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

looks like nuclear puke huh?

get the white one it aint black.Who's so vain ME ok.

transluscent bender colors suck.

Message 29/33             31-Oct-00  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

yes they do suck... damn that was dissapointing. all this shit just to have it look like something from the teletubbies.

Message 30/33             01-Nov-00  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

I dont think that these r the SE-1, these mpc were special display units made for namm, u don't even c se1 anywere on the pic (usually it would b right there w the "mpc2000xl" logo so it would look something like "mpc2000xlSE-1" so hang in there,m there is still hope .. and I don't c nothing wrong w prefering to own great looking kit, it brings a cool vibe in the studio.

Message 31/33             02-Nov-00  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

h

I just got a wicked personal audio editor and it's white too so if i went with anything else it would clash w/ my akais.Dude if you want a different vibe use oak instead of black tolex racks or something pick the gear by sound and function,form is irrelevant.

-;) you were lookin an all in one box that was cheap.DJX the ad says it's a babe magnet and it's the world's first digital hip hop accordian.What more could you ask for in a piece of gear it's like acid w/ guitar straps.i swear if i ever catch someone out in public w/ one of those things i'm smashing it to bits.

Message 32/33             03-Nov-00  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

man u r not funny, just an ass, I was tring to ignore your last crap, and just move on w the thread, basicly becouse your post was way off target and just plain stupid, when I talk about all in one box: I'm NOT meaning entier studio in one box, this thread is about the mpc.. silly.. I'm obviusly refering to fullblown drummachine sampler/seq in a box... and about the sampler section being up to date: I have one word: normalize. really u r a hole man no woder why everyone can't stand u (can't say i din't give u a chance)..... how old r u again??

and hey btFw I'm buying a ms2000 becouse its a great sounding synth w cool specs.. and u what: as a added bonus it looks fantastik!!! .. and I'm glad it does cos it does bring a cool viberation and that effects my mood/my music.. and everyone that pops by the stuidio goes: woooh cool and I'm glad they go: woooh cool, I have nothing against it and it came w the package... zo what tF is your problem! ..

get it!

Message 33/33             04-Nov-00  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

I'm just fucking w/ ya

RELAX

-;) I like my damn mpc and my real synthesizers that's my damn problem,I don't have problems w/ my machines only people but i know one day all the people will wake up and smell the voltage and if not good the real shit just gets cheaper and cheaper and one day I will have ALL the analog synths and they will all be networked to my MPC.And it will all look and sound very ugly.

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)