aaa R-tek, H and other MPC owners.... - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             31-Oct-00  @  03:22 PM   -   R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

.... help me get my act together,please?
Got my first gig in a few weeks, if all works out well. Thought I run a trial set at home last night and realised, quite quickly, that when I load some sequences after a few others the drums all change etc. This is due to the fact that I had less memory a few days ago.(put in extra 16mb) At first I made a few tracks, saved it to two/three floppys (incl sounds) and started of on the rest. Now, I wanna put the best tracks in one load for the set.... but each different set of floppys contains different sounds under similar pads. Can I change a drum-program from,for example 1 to 2? I know, RTFM!, but the manual kinda sucks and I can't find it.

Rereading this and it sounds as confusing as I am desperate...Oh well I'll just sit here and wait.

Thanks,

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             31-Oct-00  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

druma

Link?:  No link

so u want a program change for your drum part/bank? .. in "programs" place the cursor on the name of the prg: (on top) and press open window, set your desierd program nr. go into main and set prg: to the right nr for each pattern they will change the drum part upon pattern triggering.. good luck w the show.

Message 3/13             31-Oct-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

r-tek

dunno if i understood the question properly. If I did, then yeah like Druma said. Good luck with the gig anyways, nice to see you feel comfortable enough with it already to play live.

Message 4/13             01-Nov-00  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Hell yes I feel comfortable with this piece controlling the rest, it's basically the answer to much of my past prayers! My music and arrangements are sounding sooo much better than 3-4 months ago.
And mucho thanks for the info, gonna try it out this evening.

And again, I wanna send you guys a copy of the recording by then as I still havn't gotten to posting anything on the web....

-M-

Message 5/13             01-Nov-00  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

druma

since we r on the topic of saving prg: how does the mixer save its settings if u have lets say 10 dif songs w 10 dif mixer senes in a live set: how do we get the mixer to configure itself to the right mixer setting upon every new song live, can we save a mixer setting and recall it w prg change or do we actually have to record the position of each fader/knob/Fxsend &(fx-settings?) on the first pattern of each song??? any thoughts..

Message 6/13             01-Nov-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

99devils

Are you talking about changing mix settings on an external mixer?

-Craig

Message 7/13             01-Nov-00  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

r-tek

hes tlaking bout the internal mixer methinks. I dunno to be honest druma, I think you might actually havta record each setting in the first bar of the new song   I`ll look into it anyways.

I`d love to hear it Maarten.

Message 8/13             01-Nov-00  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

fv

It depends. If you basically leave the mixer settings the same for a particular drum program all the time, you can set the MPC so that it uses whatever the program mixer setting is. What I mean is, if the kick for Program 1 is always the same level in every song, you can set the MPC so that the Drum Program and not the Master settings control the mixer level of that pad.

Otherwise, you can set it to the correct settings in the first bar as you suggested by simply recording the settings.

fv

Message 9/13             02-Nov-00  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

H

Damn well i guess i snoozed on this one.maarten it is amazing how much easier it is to work with an MPC than any other machine to sequence from it just flows so much easier.

Mpc and 777 = fun for me again and it should always be fun no matter if it's a hobby or a way of life.later

Message 10/13             02-Nov-00  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

r-tek

too damn right that man, nothing else measures up to the mpc once you`ve used one.

Message 11/13             03-Nov-00  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

druma

must say I'm adoring the mpc simplicity more and more every day, its getting to b so simple/fast to do well all most all seq edits. its a beautiful thang..

what about fx settings? can we recall them in a live set?

Message 12/13             03-Nov-00  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

fv

Yes, you can recall them. In order to recall them though, you must set the fx to be controlled by the program and the program must have the correct fx settings. There may be some sysex that you can use as well but I'm not exactly sure.

It would be nice if a sequence could control fx settings too.

fv

Message 13/13             03-Nov-00  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: R-tek, H and other MPC owners....

r-tek

I think you can record efx send levels into a sequence realtime, but I dunno about the actual configurations.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)