aaa why is my MPC doing this.. - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: why is my MPC doing this..

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-Nov-00  @  12:57 AM   -   why is my MPC doing this..

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

one of my patterns is behaving weird, in song mode or just when changing patterns live, it only plays one sound and no other tracks can b heard not even sounds on the same track! but if I just play it from main screen I have a jamming pattern, wtf?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             05-Nov-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

H

I could help but since i'm such an ass i'll pass.

-:p Name calling can haunt you.someone else can help.

Message 3/9             05-Nov-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

druma

relax man I was just fucking w ya   sorta like u were just fucking w me but I addad name calling.. how about we call peace.. revange has no end.. and I'm not just saying that cos I need a the your help cos I'm sure u couldn't help becouse this is a bug if anything.. and I've found a workaround: if I merg the pattern w other patterns into one midi file it play's ok. but the wierd thing is I can use the pattern in song mode if I unmute a sertain track within the pattern, I duno why that track, it only has a simple revers brass sample going and I can live w muting it out just for that pattern, but why it cuts all sounds off is yet unknown (bug?).. so u c I've got it figured out but yet I say I'm sorry for the name-calling, not becouse I need your help (as u can c) but just becouse I was wrong there was no need for name calling, I took it to that level, my bad.. now can we all play nice ;)

Message 4/9             05-Nov-00  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

h

Right On I'm sorry I went off about the MPC it's just that i've been trying to afford one since gate and it seems pretty straight to me.The main thing i have against all in one boxes is if it breaks down it all breaks down I don't know how fast service is around your way but they don't even look at it for 2 weeks here.I finally have my MPC and it does more than the ones I originally wanted.I'll try to stop being an ass so you won't be tempted to call me one.i have a cruel sense of humor.Which OS are you using?You're sure you're muting and not soloing?Check the mix settings and the midi data filter and make sure you didn't make any changes.Are you sure you loaded the right program.i've lost track of them before and was like where the fuck are my sounds and then noticed I had the wrong kit loaded.I save often to avoid data loss and sometimes after I get a really fat sample captured and edited i'll save it and go on to finish the kit construction.This works as long as I remember to name the kit w/ a different name and then put it in the same folder but i'm pretty haphazard about naming and keeping track of what kit goes w/ what seq. And I have had this cause similar circumstances.Then it could always be a bug akai has been doing a great job of buggin up the software over the past 4 yrs.I still think that the Akai gear is the best because of it's sound quality and quick operation abilities.I would like to see some improvements to the software but my machine seems pretty stable and I guess i freaked about more features.I was thinking oh man more features means more bugs,my shit works and i'd like to keep it that way.later

Sorry bout that.I am a bit opinionated but they are opinions not biblical facts or something.Friends?

Message 5/9             06-Nov-00  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

druma

this all just brings tears 2 my eyes my friend.. :P)

Message 6/9             06-Nov-00  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

H

I'm not sure what you mean cause uhh are you tearing up from technical overload or laughing because i can't keep up w/ drumkits?Call akai and get tech on the phone they do a great job of getting to the phone and they have the knowledge to solve any problem or can at least go grab the guy who does.

-;) Use the force,at least that's what Yoda tells me .

Message 7/9             07-Nov-00  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

druma

thanks for your consearn, effort & help man,... I was tearing becouse our littel soap scetch had such a beuitiful ending ;pP ... I'm sorta pist off at my mpc, it seams to freez all the time when useing 80%+ ram.. littel bugs r getting to me to.. yhea we defentaly don't need more of them, but yet I'd love to c more tools in the sampler thats all, ..

..ahh and btw since we r buddies now   and u seam to know your tech and own a mastering unit, what would u recomend for mastering a track. (what is mastering exactly (enhancing the freq spectrum?) I mean is there a rack I can rent out that will just automaticly make everything sound good, so I'll just run the track through it before it hits dat and save myself $300 buks in mastering cost!?.. does it even make that much dif? ..thx

Message 8/9             08-Nov-00  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

H

What is mastering?damn you're asking for a book.i would just rent a finalizer although it'll probably be pretty high.Are you using a pc or mac?Mastering is basically the polishing of a mix so it sits well next to other tracks.Also it has to do w/ optimizing gain correcting phase problems and compression and alot of stuff.I would suggest getting a finalizer and starting w/ a preset on it and fiddle w/ the crossover points in the unit.maybe muck w/ the spectrum a lil bit to widen the mix and use good speakers.Trust your ears.Always keep a Master version of the recording that hasn't been processed and if you get something that sounds great save it before doing any more adjustments.If you get in over your head do what i do and call the top cats in the mastering field posing as a potential client and cleverly sneak a question to them hidden in a bunch of stupid questions so they think you want to pay.I overcame my biggest question this way.There are definitely tricks to it that you learn from doing and watching a mastering engineer if you get a chance.alot of the part of mastering houses being the ONLY way to get a pro mix is crap.You are the producer and only you know what you want.Most mastering guys don't do much dance music so they just don't know.

rent a finalizer by TC electronics even an express would work for you.I have the 96k for a/d conversion.You might try a radius fatman by HHb I haven't heard one but they make great gear and tubes really make things sound great.Check a pro audio broker for high end rentals but a finalizer will probably run $200 a day but you'll learn to DIY and save a hundred.If you have to get out cheap get a joe meek c2 compressor and a bbe sonic maximizer those two together do pretty good.If you wanna spend some dough and DIY rent an Avalon compressor and a Bellari Stereo tube enhancer.Umm but that's getting pricy.A good program like Wavelab for PC or TC Spark for Mac will get you cookin too.

Rinse it with the best gear you can afford.but creativity can overcome shortcomings in a mix.Making it sound good in pre and actual recording is the best foundation though.make sure when recording w/ digital you use up the headroom so you get the hottest signal to work with from the start.i usually record w/ soft limiting to start with and then process from there.The soft limit allows you to record hot but keep the overshoots off the recording.Digital clipping is no fun.it's really a black art that requires investigating and the willingness to learn and anyone can do it w/ the tools available today if they learn the tricks of the trade.I wish i knew more but am pretty confident about it now.good luck.How much material are you having mastered and you said it was going to be $300 so how much were you quoted and what system was going to be used?

save money and DIY but if you feel it's out of your level I do it cheap for the stuff i use.And I have great speakers now.

Message 9/9             10-Nov-00  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: why is my MPC doing this..

druma

thanks tips man, I will defentaly cheak out the finalizer but $200 a day is a bit steap and I'm not using my pc for any music creating, heard about the fatman not that expesif ether hmmm... basicly I'm just doing one track (my first full track) to burn on a cd and use as a promo. the gear I'm using besides the mpc is: xbase, teebee and Microwave 1, mixed on a roland VM3100pro, its ok but I only have 12 inputs  buying 8outs for the mpc and mixing it on a littel mackie rental or when I think about it I could just rent out 8 chanel eq's in rack . dunno.. cheaking it out this weekend.

.. and I must say your offer is well recived. I plan on heaving the track finished in a week and I think I know where to find u   ..
thanks agian

peace

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)