aaa cheap sounding akai2000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: cheap sounding akai2000

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-Nov-00  @  07:10 PM   -   cheap sounding akai2000

pascal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

why is it every time i put samples in my akai2000,..they sound very cheap against my other equipment like an virus or roland jv1080,..i can't get it right to fit it in my track
cause they sound cheap or something raw,..
for example a 909 hihat, what is a good thing to do to like it sound good,..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             08-Nov-00  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: cheap sounding akai2000

99devils

I don't have this problem... In fact, any drum sound I put into the thing comes out hard and punchy, and they sit in the mix with a Virus also. Are you sampling your sounds, or using Akaidisk or MESA to export directly from computer?

-Craig

Message 3/6             09-Nov-00  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: cheap sounding akai2000

H

Try buying the 8 outs and mixing the sounds and the fx card couldn't hurt.A/d on an S series is top quality so you shouldn't have trouble if using onboard sampling.

garbage in garbage out.try a better sample w/ proper eq

Message 4/6             09-Nov-00  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: cheap sounding akai2000

teemu

Maybe you are recording with very low volume? You should always record as loud as possible, just under the clipping point. If you have to normalize each sample you'll get more noise and bad dynamics.

It's strange how so many people don't do that. It is way too common in these "thousands of free samples" sites that the samples are recorded with -12dB or somethingl and when you normalize them they sound like crap.

Message 5/6             13-Nov-00  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: cheap sounding akai2000

99devils

I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want to offend with such a basic answer  

If you have quality samples going in, they should sound good coming out. Mine do, and without FX or the 8-out board. I wish I had the 8-out board, definately, but I want an S5000 someday  

-Craig

Message 6/6             04-Dec-00  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: cheap sounding akai2000

cdin

Link?: Link

My answer is a derivative of the last two replies.

Sometimes what people think is good-sounding may sound a little crappy to others. By this I mean a large group of people like a little distortion in their samples, such as when a sample goes a little over the 0dB limit. Sometimes people mistake lofi for "warmth" as in the case of sampling to 12-bit or even 8-bit.

A 16-bit sampler is designed to spit out things exactly as they are spit in with very little changes. If you are looking for a more powerful sound, consider hooking up a tube compressor in between your input and sampler and dialing in a 2:1 or more ratio.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)