aaa New user to mpc, a couple questions? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: New user to mpc, a couple questions?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Nov-00  @  01:31 AM   -   New user to mpc, a couple questions?

odogfx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Why do some wav files that I try to load say disk read error?? I have loaded many and some simply do not load?? What the frick??

I have tried it on numerous floppies too!

Also when saving a program after making a sequence as well. I try saving pgm first and get an error and it crashes??

Oh all that phat shit is gone, GREAT.

Is it because there is not enough space on disk. Shouldn't it tell me this if that is the case and prompt me for an alternative.

Do you guys find the floppies work better if formated on the mpc???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Nov-00  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: New user to mpc, a couple questions?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

If I understand you correctly, I've had the exact same problem... Try opening the .wav file in something like cool edit etc. and save it in there... see if it works.
Search down this forum to about 1 1/2- 2 months ago, I've asked this question aswell and the guys here explained and discussed in greater detail than my explaination above.

Good luck,

-M-

Message 3/4             28-Nov-00  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: New user to mpc, a couple questions?

Rockstar

Link?:  No link

yep gotta be 16 bit 44 khz blah blah, some wavs you d'load off the net arent up to this spec....

funny, when I first got the mpc I must've downloaded 30 sets of sounds, ended up using exactly one sound...handclap from kenfen's site...

as for the crashing, are you using the latest o/s? Start there, beyond that, did you upgrade the memory yourself? if so, may be buggy ram, a common problem. If thats not it, you're gonna have to talk to akai support...

Message 4/4             29-Nov-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: New user to mpc, a couple questions?

odogfx

Link?: Link

Yeah I ended up formatting the floppies on the mpc and trying again. It seems to be fine now. I think the files might of been to long in the name or something. They were definatley 44 and 16bit though. Oh well. It's working now.

This thing is a midi horse by the way.

Can't seem to figure out how to load a sample and play it from my midi controller w/ the whole keyboard having the same sample at a different pitch.

It triggers all the samples I have in a program instead of just one for the whole keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Owen

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)