aaa mpc questions - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: mpc questions

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             14-Dec-00  @  08:16 AM   -   mpc questions

pressure

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all, I am thinking about selling my a4000 and getting an mpc 2000xl. I borrowed a friends for the past two days and was really impresed. I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could help. First off- am I correct in thinking that there is no form of normalization in the mpc? Second- I tried hooking the mpc up to my other synths and stuff and noticed that the pads send out midi note data, however they were all aranged in a seemingly haphazard manner, can the pads be reprogrammed to output chromatically? (ie; pad A1 corresponds to midi note #1, A2= note #2, etc...) Third- I created a cool melody by using the "16 step tool" and assigning it to tuning. However, when I then either changed the track to midi or copyed it to a midi track all of the individual "notes" were lost. Is there any way to convert the melody I came up with into a midi track or do I have to pull out a pen and paper, write down the tunings of each step and then re apply those by hand to the midi track? And Lastly, is there any way to transpose drum tracks. Say I load a new kick into pad A9 and I want to convert all the kicks in the chorus from pad A1 to A9 is this possible? Or do I have to do it all within the step edit, one kick at a time? Anyway, any answers to these questions or just opinions on the mpc would be appreciated, thanks.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             15-Dec-00  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: mpc questions

fv

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I'll answer your questions as best I can.

1. Yes, there is no normalization in the MPC.
2. Yes, the pads can be changed in their configuration.
3. I'm not sure. I don't use this myself so I can't help you. I use the MPC for sequencing drum parts alone and use Logic Audio for sequencing pretty much everything else.
4. I believe that yes you can transpose drum tracks as well.

For more info, try downloading the manual. It is available at Akai's website.

HTH,
fv

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)