aaa to long with out slides/accents!!!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: to long with out slides/accents!!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             12-Aug-98  @  06:09 AM   -   to long with out slides/accents!!!!

celtic dream

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

with the spectral audio protone how do I triger accents/slides?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             14-Aug-98  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: to long with out slides/accents!!!!

gretchen

hmmm....those very well may not be midi controlable - did you get a manuel with it? what sorta knobs does it have? what's the front panel look like? i've never heard of this synth, but am quite curious - keep us posted

Message 3/5             20-Aug-98  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: to long with out slides/accents!!!!

celtic dream

The slides and accents are indead midi controlled......let me explain,on this machine theres a button called GATE/LEARN......To controlle the MIDI functions you have to define the midi channel with this button,I just dont know how to do it(this explination is what I got out of the manual)as for a discription;......its a beautiful rack mount,the front is red with 20 knobs.....it has attack,decay,sustain,release,evn.mod,slide,accent,rez.,cutoff to name some.definatly cool!!!!

Message 4/5             02-Sep-98  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: to long with out slides/accents!!!!

hilliard

Well, I don't have this synth, nor have I ever used it, but I do have a back issue of Future Music (Dec '96) that has a review of it. According to them:

"The ProTone bears an uncharacteristically digital facility called Learn. Hit the Learn button, and by pressing two keys on a controller keyboard, the synth automatically sets the note range and switches to whatever MIDI channel it receives. The ProTone will also assign whichever controller (slider, mod wheel, footpedal) you play with first to cutoff frequency, giving you at least some automated control. A nifty feature indeed...."

They also say:

"The filter can be made to track the keyboard - hit the black button - or act in accordance with the strength of MIDI velocity applied. A heavy-handed twist of the Accent knob will do wonders to the flavour of your sequencer lines, especially when used in conjuction with a little Slide or portamento (knob extreme left).......Accent can be enabled and disabled via controller 65."

BTW, according to the article (you may already know this), the ProTone is highest-note-priority.....something to remember when programming sequences.

Hope that helps some.

Message 5/5             04-Sep-98  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: to long with out slides/accents!!!!

celtic dream

hey thanx for the info,some of that I dont under stand but will try it.......thanx

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)