aaa FutureRetro 777 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FutureRetro 777

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             27-Sep-98  @  06:31 AM   -   FutureRetro 777

vuduimp

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Has anyone ever used the FutureRetro 777? If so... how does it compare to the mighty 303. How would it compliment a Z1, and a Virus? I've listened to the RA demos, and they sound great... and there was a thread a sonicstate about it, but sonicstate decided not to pay the bill(or something) and their server went offline. if you don't know about the 777, here's a link for you.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/FutureRetro/audio.html

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             02-Oct-98  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: FutureRetro 777

cd

Link?:  No link

fookin' dope,just orderd mine 2-day!!!!!!!

Message 3/6             02-Oct-98  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: FutureRetro 777

Pongoid

I just checked out FutureRetro's site, and the audio sounded pretty cool. I don't know how it behaves,or the realities of programming it, but if it lives up to the hype, this may be a very cool box indeed. I didn't catch a price, though. How much are they?
Ape

Message 4/6             03-Oct-98  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: FutureRetro 777

kilo

well, it is 777 dollars (US)... plus handling and shipping (??).... only to the US & canada at the moment it says...

it adoesnt seem clear from the literature about the amount of parts this unit can play in realtime... possibley 2, utilising a single osc X2.. (each osc has a sub-osc)....

anyways, i mailed them, to find out... if it is a monosynth, it could be real useful to accompany a vst, cakewalk, or Logic type setup.... in a pure midi situation potential buyers may find themselves swayed toward units capable of providing greater amounts of parts, unless a decent sampler is on hand.... although, those with more money may (if they are blown away by it), still go for it, for the sequencer.... although, at that price, purchasing it as a 303 alternative makes little sense, as a real 303 will come in at that price now in the Uk at any rate... still... an interesting unit....

Message 5/6             04-Oct-98  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: FutureRetro 777

Pongoid

Ta, mate.

Message 6/6             05-Oct-98  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: FutureRetro 777

kilo

yup it's a monosynth..... well, could be ok... sequencer seems comprehensive... holds alot of notes & songs..... it is expensive, but, added to a rekliable h/d system or midi & sampler system, it can obviously multitrack.....

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)