aaa Modules - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Modules

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             03-Nov-98  @  10:44 AM   -   Modules

Jon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know owt about a cheap way of getting into modular analogue? Even like a kit or sommat? Or how about the Analogue Solutions mod to a 101 to make it modular? Good, bad? Or how about a semi like the MS-10?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Nov-98  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Modules

m_daniluk

Who can tell me some more about the Roland JP-8080
module???

Message 3/8             02-Dec-98  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Modules

johnm

I used to have a sh09 with the analogue solutions modular upgrade and it was excellent and mad some mad noises, a good cheap way of getting into modular synths I'd recommend it esp on a synth like a 101....

Message 4/8             04-Dec-98  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Modules

ivan

how about a small Doepfer system? I don't know how much you have to pay for a small one, but it shouldn't be far too much.. especially since modding a 101 to a semianalogue isn't too cheap, and you have to have a 101 first.

Clavia's Micromodular also seems interesting...

Message 5/8             25-Feb-99  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Modules

hilliard

I've started to have a bit of interest in the Doepfer A100 mini system. It's a 10 module 3u rack that's somewhere around the $1000-1100 US range. Their other Basic systems (20 or so modules) are a little more (natch) somewhere in the $1600-1800 range I think, but still not bad considering the prices of the old Moogs and such.

I'm thinking about the mini system, mainly 'cuz I don't know if I'm really gonna dig the whole "modular" thang, and it's a pretty simple/basic setup, that can still be expanded with more of their modules at a later time....after all it is "modular".

Message 6/8             02-Mar-99  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Modules

TheRite

>>Clavia's Micromodular also seems interesting...

DEFFINITLY !! Or you could buy a creamware pulsar an get a mixer, a sampler and some more I/O for your computer as a bonus (has to be a fairly big one tho, MIN P166MMX/64Mb)

Bart

Message 7/8             02-Mar-99  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Modules

TheRite

>>Clavia's Micromodular also seems interesting...

DEFFINITLY !! Or you could buy a creamware pulsar an get a mixer, a sampler and some more I/O for your computer as a bonus (has to be a fairly big one tho, MIN P166MMX/64Mb)

Bart

Message 8/8             05-Mar-99  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Modules

chrisc

I design them, I lay them out, I make the PCB's and panels and then I build them....I can sort you out with kits for VCO's etc.....prices depending on how much stuff you want in there.....if it's just a PCB, the front panel and some instructions then it's not a lot (about a tenner for the VCO) if it all the components, built and tested it will be rather more....My stuff is Digisound compatible and works with Doepfer, Moog and ANalog Solutions gear to the best of my knowledge....it's also been used on some undergroud techno stuff that mate of mine has had released :-))

Strangely enough I also have a spare-time hobby business called .....we know a song about that don't we....

chrisc

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)