aaa Analog Delay - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Analog Delay

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             26-Nov-98  @  03:52 PM   -   Analog Delay

Al

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm hoping to get some info on analog delay units. I'm experimenting with feedback delay, using a Zoom1204 and Mackie1604, trying to get some good dub type FX. It doesn't work too well tho - the 1204 seems to make quite a harsh delay noise, and the delay won't go slow enough. I've seen quite a lot of dub acts using the old Roland Space Echo units, so would this be the sort of thing I need? I've been trying to check out these units, but can only find a bit of info on the web, so what's the difference between the different models? How much should I be paying for one in UK, and what should I look out with a S/H one - can you still get tape for them,etc.
Also,would this be what i need to make those dub-siren type fx? Any info vaguely relating to this sort of thing would be great.
Ta, Al

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             26-Nov-98  @  03:52 PM   -   Analog Delay

squelch23

I'm hoping to get some info on analog delay units. I'm experimenting with feedback delay, using a Zoom1204 and Mackie1604, trying to get some good dub type FX. It doesn't work too well tho - the 1204 seems to make quite a harsh delay noise, and the delay won't go slow enough. I've seen quite a lot of dub acts using the old Roland Space Echo units, so would this be the sort of thing I need? I've been trying to check out these units, but can only find a bit of info on the web, so what's the difference between the different models? How much should I be paying for one in UK, and what should I look out with a S/H one - can you still get tape for them,etc.
Also,would this be what i need to make those dub-siren type fx? Any info vaguely relating to this sort of thing would be great.
Ta, Al

Message 3/3             26-Nov-98  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Analog Delay

kilo

for most dub, the delay time need to go up to 1000ms (1 second)... 500ms aint enuff...... send the delay return into a channel, and roll off the top end...... if the dealy send is on say AUX-2, then turn up the AUX-2 send on the actual delay return channel to get feedback.... (the delay gets sent to the delay again)... so... send some of the original signal to th4 delay.... quickly tweak-up the send on the delay return channel... hey presto.... (you can leave the delay return-channel send turned up a bit to start with)... if you are just dropping in piano or whatever 'chaps' to be delayed, leave the send up anyways..... if you are just wanting to pull 'chaps' out every so often with a quick flick of the dend control, then you'll have to try experimenting between the 2 sens (the one on the actual instrument channel, and the one on the delay return channel)..... get a balance right.... keep practicing...)

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)