aaa cleaning old synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: cleaning old synth

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Feb-99  @  03:18 AM   -   cleaning old synth

gslave

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I scammed an old Roland system 100M (2 modules)... yeehar, but its a bit crusty sounding at times... like some of the sliders crackle a bit (too much) and I thin one of them is actually not working. Anyways I'm thinking of opening it up and trying to clean it up or something? But I know shit all about analog stuff... any advice on how to go about this, how I can fix the sliders a bit etc...?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             16-Feb-99  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: cleaning old synth

georgem

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

O.K. now you have the idea-the best way to go about this and anything regarding older equiptment is like this. How much do you have into it. if you ruin the piece and you havent'spent alot of money on it so what-Although time is very veryvaluable,never let that out of your thoughts-Consider your options if you found a reliable tech for this type of repair he will ultimately tell you-if he is honest-it may not be worth repairing unless he knows of some good update type modifications that he can do at the same time-so as far as slide controls-if they are not too gummy from food and shit or smoke try the old spray can of contact cleaner-usually this is a temporary fix and you usually end up getting a breif sample of the unit before it goes on the blink again-might work though-try it but dont reassemble everything until you have the problem cleared up-less frustrating-or you may have to get a mouser catalogue and order a slide control and get out the soldering kit-there goes this ;years new licks if youre a player-my advice-toss that fucker and try to get in the fast lane a.s.a.p-you'll end up there if you're successful anyway-quickest way from point a-b is a streight line.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)