aaa What is the best todays analog synth? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What is the best todays analog synth?

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             14-Apr-99  @  03:27 AM   -   What is the best todays analog synth?

Me want analog !!

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want a cool analogue synth but nothing from the past though. I want something like the waldorf Pulse +, SE Midimoog,ATC 1 tone chemeleon,Omega 2,(Omega 8 is too expensive)Novation Super Bass Station etc.

which one of these or any other 90's style Analog synth should I buy? I want to make Ambient,Experimental,Techno,Dance,Electronic,Industrial, type music. Hope this helps? I currently own an 88 note keyboard called Alesis QS8 and own an analog modelling synth called the Roland JP 8080 and a Yamaha DX7s. I want to add a real analog and a Wavetable synth into my studio. so I can get all types of colors of synthesis to choose and use from.

Now I see Alesis QS8,Roland JP 8080,Waldorf Microwave XT,Yamaha DX7s and some todays analog synth.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             14-Apr-99  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

kilo

Link?: Link

check that website link above !!!!! - SE are gone long !!!

Message 3/18             15-Apr-99  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Pulse is cheap and good..

Message 4/18             16-Apr-99  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

ivan

I think the Pulse is the best value for money of the ones above. But it is a mono synth which might be a problem if you anything else than leads, basses, or sfx.

But there is a lot of good older synths as well, anything by Roland seems to be popular and fairly reliable.

Message 5/18             16-Apr-99  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

kilo

real-analog ?...I thought the pulse was a modelling synth ?... please check out the SE site above - they also do an analog twin osc 2 part multi unit too as well as the famouse SE1 & ATC1.....also look at the TeeBee from Syntechno

Message 6/18             16-Apr-99  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Al

Kilo...The Pulse is real analog, but parameters are digitally controlled. I think it uses VCO's, tho I'm not sure. Definatly not a modelling synth anyway. It's my first analog, and there isn't too much I can fault it on...especially for the price. If you don't want a monosynth, just get a few pulses, cause you can link em up for poly......mmmm, just need another 5 now.

Message 7/18             19-Apr-99  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

kilo

Shut the hell up Al, if anyone wanted your opinion they would have asked for it. You and your stupid pulse can go to hell. Your abviously a stupid ignorant mongral who has no clue what is really going on in this world. Get of the drugs retard!!!!!

Message 8/18             20-Apr-99  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Me want analog

Kiilloo come on lighten up. The Pulse post that he put up was fine. Anyways I found out about the Jomox SunSyn and that my friends looks like a real contender. But alittle too expensive for me still. The SE 1 looks good or that future retro synth. I like it with lots of knobs on it and those two looks like the best. As for Omega 2 I dont know how much that cost.

Ok later

Message 9/18             20-Apr-99  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Al

That's got to be the imfamous Kilo imposter, or Kilo's in a real BAD mood.

Kilo - you've got this guys IP.....hope you can sort him.

Message 10/18             29-Apr-99  @  06:41 AM   -   help ;info about polymorph

asahlanan

Link?: Link

Is there anyone who have or played this synth?I found them for 1450DM.It's specifications seems so good but how does it sounds when it is compared to other popular ones?

Message 11/18             29-Apr-99  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

sorry wrong place

Message 12/18             08-May-99  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Shockingly Handome

Poorass, I have a Nord Lead if you want one!

Message 13/18             12-May-99  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

kilo

obviously not me above - don't worry -

Message 14/18             18-May-99  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

The pulse is true CV. Good stuff, but still like the warm fuzzies of my Minimoog. No other piece of electronic gear has influenced the sound of music today more heavily than that except maybe the transistor radio. Most people today don't realise how long they've been litening to this little board for, and bopping to it without a second thought. Eveyone from P-funk to Snoop-Dogg, and almost any 80's pop band or producer you'd care to name has probably used one of these at one time or another. Modular this, and digital that, Dr. Bob got it right with this one. That's not to say I would protest to having a wall of modules like Mr. Zimmer, but for convenience and sound, I love this little thing.

Ape

Message 15/18             27-May-99  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

jwestwoo

If you can find a Yamaha CS15/30
-go for it. Korg's MS10/20's still
rock. Arp's are a bit tempermental
and prone to damage due to open sliders and keys that stick out (to
weedy for me!) And of course, the
gran'daddy of 'em all - the MiniMoog
is back, with MIDI! SCI and Oberheim
were probably the last to have that
'analog' feel for real (nobody emulates SCI much with their presets
these days - pity)
Anything old is relatively easy to
maintain in parts (hell, Radio Shack
and a flea market - you can build
your own PAIA fatman from scratch!)
Well, I think I spent my 2 cents here!

Don't resist a resistor!

Message 16/18             11-Jun-99  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Moog or Buchla Modular if you have the bucks.

Message 17/18             22-Jun-99  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: What is the best todays og synth?

i

i

Message 18/18             02-Jul-99  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: What is the best todays analog synth?

netranger9

I just wanted to say that even though its old, I love my Roland Juno-106..its analog, (even though it has DCO's) i mainly use it for basses and leads... i wish i could find an analog (or analog sounding) polytimbral synth i could pick up on the cheap...and bollox to that imposter git...peace

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)